Chicago R models

It's called driving in an area that was filled before winter,then "slicked off" with a D-8/drag beam. Now add a boat load of snow that can't drain off while melting and you get a MINEFIELD! We were spreading topsoil on it so the farmer can plant it. He has a red tractor,so he might have better luck than me! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ya just can't hide in a fishbowl! Breaks are at 10am & 2pm 15 minutes a piece during the 12 hour shift. Good thing you didn't go by Friday,you might have seen this......OOPS! (yes that too was me)

Good thing you don't work at Vulcan. You would have had to put wheel chocks under it since you were parked :whistling:

• Like 1

To bad the other Chicago legend Celli is not around to keep the Chicago Mack's alive. Lindhall is still around but I guess they are still Paccar. Any current Illinois dump fleets using Macks oher than Orange Crush

Lindahl was demo'ing a few Macks this winter. Other than that, Plote's dumps are pulled by Macks. Prairie's mixers are mostly Macks. K-5 still runs Macks also.

• Like 1

Just don't show a picture of their Barnyard Buick Lone Star :thumbsdown:

I already took care of that a while back, but luckily enough I have plenty more Mack pictures like this

Builders Asphalt/Orange Crush/Palumbo and any other name I can't think of right now, RD Mack.

post-13943-0-36421000-1402442341_thumb.j

• Like 2

like to have one to go with my Celli B and Greco B

They would look pretty cool if you could restore them all to their original colors. Not sure that the Palumbo B's are for sale.

I would guess not. About 11 years ago I came across a B model in Council Bluffs IA that looked a lot like a Palumbo truck.

I was in one of the U.P.'s big yards out there hauling out old railroad ties and across almost 20 sets of tracks I could see

a big building that was fenced in and full of old Macks. I had a little time to kill so I crossed all the tracks and went up to

the fence and saw this orange and black B. Said Anderson Exc from Omaha NE on the door. There was also a D,F, MH

a couple R's and other Macks behind the fence. Maybe I was at the Harbison west storage lot and I didn't know it :whistling:

post-13943-0-27522000-1403048774_thumb.j

• Like 2