Chicago R models

Today I saw the old steel dash Peter Baker R model getting loaded. Saw the Meyer plant from across Lake Meyer, got a still

shot of the Euclid and the funniest thing I saw all day was one of the dummies that they are using to haul concrete out to I-90

started grabbing gears out of the yard and forgot to latch his tailgate. He made quite a mess.

post-13943-0-45807200-1406257986_thumb.j

post-13943-0-68076000-1406257993_thumb.j

post-13943-0-41407400-1406258003_thumb.j

post-13943-0-04389300-1406258036_thumb.j

• Like 2

That P.Baker R is a '71! Never used in the winter. It has held up well! They also had a B-60 water truck that had a IH RD-450 under the hood. Think it is still at Lake Bluff! They have an RB & a '80's R for water trucks now.

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

man you get all over i was on harlem and rt 38 at a job in oak parkon my way home to plainfield on 55 i saw 3 stork macks with pipe on going north i assume the pulled out of romeville.works kinda pickin up was on site for ryan down in joliet at off laraway rd.on harlem i saw a tanzillo backhoe and yesterday no wait think it was monday i saw the pj show truck the rd

This is the first time I had seen this truck this morning. I did not catch the name on the door yet and I'm not sure where it

came from but it looks like somebody took a T800 grill and put it on the front of this R-model. Interesting looking for sure.

It almost looks like a Superliner coming at you from a distance with the larger looking grill up front. It's not the worst thing

I've seen done to a truck. Definitely different.

post-13943-0-54788100-1407795832_thumb.j

post-13943-0-89819800-1407795849_thumb.j

• Like 2

This is the first time I had seen this truck this morning. I did not catch the name on the door yet and I'm not sure where it

came from but it looks like somebody took a T800 grill and put it on the front of this R-model. Interesting looking for sure.

It almost looks like a Superliner coming at you from a distance with the larger looking grill up front. It's not the worst thing

I've seen done to a truck. Definitely different.[/quote

My brother knows who picked up that R. It was on Craigslist somewhere in Iowa last week.