Chicago R models

Was down south today and saw a few Macks. A couple Hager Granite's hauling dirt, a random RD on 111th, I had to go to Boughton's

for a couple and got a picture of one of the new trucks and while I was waiting to get loaded I took a shot of one of the haul trucks dumping

into the crusher. If you look up the haul road from the crusher there is a DM water truck headed down the road and on the way home I

saw an R that I think was once an Aurora Blacktop truck, or it looked just like one they had anyway. Mackey I also saw the Rizzi trucks

you were talking about at 59 and Frasier. I could see the one RD out back hooked to a van trailer. That place looked like a mess.

That random RD is Eddie from EFR trucking lol

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I think it might have been #100? for whatever reason they took the #'s off the hood before they sold it. It was in a group of 4 or 5. I think they were 100-104 or something.

10-4. I drove 103 for awhile then moved up to 117. They still have 104 I know. Yours and the one DCS has are the only used ones around here that I know of. I haven't worked there for eight years now.

Edited by tmh774

I was talking to my friends uncle this weekend that has been the mechanic at Geske's for a long time. I remembered him telling me awhile ago that they had a R model truck that they cut the back half off and it use to run the plant. He said it was a special edition that they only made about four of to go on the show circuit. He couldn't remember the year but thought it was a '73. It was used to go to shows to promote the new 300. It was gold in color and I guess the trucks had a special hood scoop. They have recently sold that truck, but don't worry,, it is in good hands. I guess Greibels bought it so I think they will prob restore it the way it should be.

I HAD THIS SAVED IN MY FILES, THOUGHT I HAD MORE!!! I DO BUT NOT ON THE COMPUTER, CAN'T SCAN HERE AT HOME JUST NOW EITHER! I'LL SEE W3HAT I CAN DO, MICK ;)

You are still one step better then me on this technology, lol

I need to figure out how to post pictures on this page. Maybe someone can walk me through it some time. I have many pictures I could post but not sure how to. The only way I know how to post pictures is like on Facebook cause I use my phone and it just lets you use what you have in your camera roll. Is there a way I can do that on here?

Mackdaddy 2030

In the bottom right of the reply box is "More rreply options" click on it which opens another window, click on browse which takes you to your picture files, find your picture, click on open which takes you back to to browse box and click on attach, then post

• Like 1

Brocky

I was talking to my friends uncle this weekend that has been the mechanic at Geske's for a long time. I remembered him telling me awhile ago that they had a R model truck that they cut the back half off and it use to run the plant. He said it was a special edition that they only made about four of to go on the show circuit. He couldn't remember the year but thought it was a '73. It was used to go to shows to promote the new 300. It was gold in color and I guess the trucks had a special hood scoop. They have recently sold that truck, but don't worry,, it is in good hands. I guess Greibels bought it so I think they will prob restore it the way it should be.

BCR Al had told me about that truck any times. Randy Greibel did buy it,but sold it. I tried to buy it but was a day late,so I hope whoever got it does it justice. They made more than 4,as each dealer got one for a demonstrator,but not sure on the exact count.

• Like 1

BCR Al had told me about that truck any times. Randy Greibel did buy it,but sold it. I tried to buy it but was a day late,so I hope whoever got it does it justice. They made more than 4,as each dealer got one for a demonstrator,but not sure on the exact count.

There wasn't anything left to it that was worth a damn, otherwise I would of had it.

• Like 1

That's awesome you found the brochure. I didn't realize the truck was in that bad of shape or that it was sold again. I was hoping to see it restored. I was talking to my friend today and he said that Glaze Construction bought it after it was on the tour and then Geske bought it from them.

When I started driving in the summer of 2000, I hauled for Geske. Ran with that R quite a bit and it was still a runner. At the time I was driving an ex-Plote R that was a 300/6 sp. I had to get after it like I knew how to keep up with that one

• Like 1