Intl KB8 tractors

steelman

Good luck on the sale. I think you said no engines in these things? I can't find the ad where you had all the details and price listed. I am not a buyer but wish I had room/ability to buy something like this to redo.

Thank you. The trucks are complete with the exception of the engines. Someone had removed them before I got them. Everything else is there, including the radiators and transmissions. I asked $1,000 each or best offer. Scrap price is probably 700 to 800 , and that would be ok. I would rather see someone get them and use them rather than turning them into refrigerators and Toyota's. Steelman

• Like 1

I'll bet you can pop a DT 466 motor in there, and I bet the bell housing would fit. I think they called there gas engine 'Red Diamond' or something like that? That would make a nice re-sto

BULLHUSK

That was the thought that went through my head.

always liked the KB's. the cab is ALOT smaller than a B model. you can actuallly roll down the passenger window down from the driver seat like a WC22 White. they made the red and green diamond flathead 6 cyl. depends on what year they are. never thought of a DT466 in one. have thought of repowerin a B42 Mack with a DT466 before tho. could make it a real truck and put a 237 Mack in there like Stan Young did from Maine

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

always liked the KB's. the cab is ALOT smaller than a B model. you can actuallly roll down the passenger window down from the driver seat like a WC22 White. they made the red and green diamond flathead 6 cyl. depends on what year they are. never thought of a DT466 in one. have thought of repowerin a B42 Mack with a DT466 before tho. could make it a real truck and put a 237 Mack in there like Stan Young did from Maine

My great uncle had a B42 with a DT466 in it.Had a flatbed on it,he used it awhile and sold it.He was always buying stuff at auctions,fixing it up a little,using it in his drilling business then selling it for way more than he gave.he was real good at it,said he made more money that way than he did drilling.

i think the Dt466 might be perfect in a b42 . might even turn the right rpm's so u could keep the original rear end and transmission. wonder about the radiator and fan/water pump tho.

As I recall,Uncle Jack said it had the IH 5 speed,and a 3 speed brownie,and the original Mack rears.I never got to see it,he lived in Casper,WY.

Id be interested if you where closer. Thats a long haul for me.

Tom

Only 4.5 hours from me. Nice day trip. I have been to the Fredricksburg auto auction before. There's a weigh station just north on 95 that's pretty strick. Went by with our dually and the 38' two car trailer and the fuzz was watching as I skipped the station. Private truck not for hire but I was waiting for them to pull out and follow me. Next time I'll take 301 back.

Only 4.5 hours from me. Nice day trip. I have been to the Fredricksburg auto auction before. There's a weigh station just north on 95 that's pretty strick. Went by with our dually and the 38' two car trailer and the fuzz was watching as I skipped the station. Private truck not for hire but I was waiting for them to pull out and follow me. Next time I'll take 301 back.

Yea, Just by you saying that makes me not wanna go even more... lol

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

• 8 years later...

I would like to see a picture of you're KB8... I  just bought this one and am about to get it road ready... I'm chomping at the bit,  Jojo

1.JPG.948be71ab954536cc90473c51db4652a.jpg

• Like 1