F-Model Brochure

Vinny - very good....you win the prize! Yes it is the test track at the then Test & Development Center in Allentown. The hill in the background is the 15% grade and the track is just to the bottom (about the middle of the cab). And the F is pulling into one of the bays in the current "customer mod" center.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I remember when I was there way back in '76,they had an experimental F model cab tucked away in the corner back by the cab shaker.It had a raised roof line,probably a foot or so higher than normal.Our Mack Ambassador guide told us they were experimenting with a roof mounted radiator.

Was it this one? This was a test truck and is owned by Jay "fixit4162".

post-3289-0-79706600-1353979539_thumb.jp

Ken

Was it this one? This was a test truck and is owned by Jay "fixit4162".

I always thought Mack should have run with the "raised-roof" concept on the F-model,especially given the sucess and popularity of the KW aerodyne.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I always liked this paintjob on an F-model,very sharp!...............................Mark

Sharp looking truck. Nice paint/stripes "back in the day". Nothing like them today.

This one has the same paint scheme/colors as the one in the brochure. Not the same truck...mirrors and bumper are different.

Ken

I always liked this paintjob on an F-model,very sharp!...............................Mark

I always thought the same thing, at Gearharts this year a guy had an experimental F model that came with a E9-V8, it had a charge air cooler, airride cab. the drive train was gone. the guy is going to restore it.

I didn't go to Truckoberfest but I recognized the track , I went to the museum last summer and we saw it,

also those F model are such a nice looking truck and like you said I would have benn a big contender against the famous KW aerodyne !!

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Don't forget two of the most famous "F" models; the FDNY Superpumper and Tender tractors.

bulldogboy

The Supertender has been fully restored and functional and is a regular on the fire muster and truck show circuit in California. The Superpumper is owned by a gentleman in Michigan. It does not run (the engine has been pulled from the tractor in fact...) and the whole truck has received a very rough cosmetic-only "restoration." (paint blown over shoddy bodywork and right over rust.) The only saving grace is that it is stored indoors.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS