F-Model Brochure

I always loved the way a F was laid out inside,especially the later ones.They were a joy to drive,even though the ride wasn't always the best.I liked driving F models,better than the Cruiseliners we had.I did (still) have a '76 that had the air ride cab,it rode great,but the poor old girl was rusted so bad I pulled the engine and put in another.

I always loved the way a F was laid out inside,especially the later ones.They were a joy to drive,even though the ride wasn't always the best.I liked driving F models,better than the Cruiseliners we had.I did (still) have a '76 that had the air ride cab,it rode great,but the poor old girl was rusted so bad I pulled the engine and put in another.

I'll "borrow" another one of Fabian's pictures- he has a good Mack page on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/303083819754424/

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I am always surprised when I drive our F, because it is so damn comfortable. It has what I believe is the original Bostrom seat, and limited room. But when I get in that thing I just feel like I could drive all day. Took it out to Walcott a few years ago, and the drive out there and back, was the best part. -Brad

I grew up in the right-hand seat of two F-Models. First one was a single screw Hayward with a 300 and a 5-speed/2-speed Rockwell rear which my father bought used from the Dallas, Tx. Mack dealer (I recently got all the factory info for both the F's he owned) and it was originally built for a mattress hauler. Dad used it when he was an O/O leased onto Charles E. Danbury, a trailer broker. Dad hauled mostly brand-new trailmobile trailers out of the factory in West Point, Pa. (near Philly.) Later, he became friends with a guy named Harry Muschlegel, who was an O/O leased onto Southwest Freight Lines outta KCMO or KCK I think. Harry went on to get a group of O/O's together and formed this little old operation later known as JEVIC Transportation. Between the Hayward F-Model rotting out and getting worn out, plus now hauling fright, Dad had to switch up to a twin-screw Allentown F-Model with a 300 Plus and a 10-speed. Dad always bragged about how it was a 90+mph truck.

I previously mentioned I just recently got all the serial-number specific info on the two trucks including some brochures like the ones pictured above, as well as a brochure on Hayward F-models. If I remember I'll have to scan it and post it here. Lots of good memories in both of those tractors- what I would give to have that Hayward F-Model to restore, but it has been confirmed that it was scrapped.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My uncle was terminal manager for APA truckings Philly operation,they tested one daycab F-model that the drivers liked to call the "china closet" never seen anymore after that,but they still went with Macks,R's MB's later CH's. We had one used F-model on the farm,it was an old Ryder truck,Formula 300 Cummins,10 speed road-ranger,first truck i ever drove with air-conditioning and a sleeper. It did'nt ride very well,but ran great,and was a good truck overall. i ran many a trip from South Jersey to Binghampton,NY in it,it was a comfortable truck to both drive and sleep in.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

As a kid,I always thought I could get an F model with a 237(later the 300)/6 speed,4.17's on camelback.Haul gravel in the summer months and steel in the winter(like many O/O's did around here at that time).Never did happen that way,but still like the F models anyway!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA