What a Day on The U model:

Well, the day started out with Papa starting the U, and pulling her out of the barn and backing it back onto the road (the sand). Then, my mind was set that I was driving it back to the garage. So Papa got out and walked back up to the garage with the dog, Duke. So, there I sat, in my U model, first time I had driven her since last summer.I pushed the clutch in, put her in first, and let the clutch out. Here I go! It has a foot throttle now unlike last time, so I put the hammer down, (kinda) and drove her up. I had a grin from ear to ear when that turbo kicked on. :rolleyes: I didnt get a video or anything of me driving because......I was having to much damn fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, as the hours passed, we got the 5 inch exaust on there, (I hope it doesnt fall off) and kinda got the passenger fuel tank painted with the strap on. After we picked up all the tools, I fired her up to she how she sounded. It sounded great, it was the first time I made it blow black smoke too!!!!! :D :D :D

Vinny

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

What? A spray can? Yea, it was done with a spray can. No different than doing it with a gun, except its cleaner, easier, and quicker. Still looks the same.

yeah, it does ok if you get good paint like krylon or rustoleum. That cheap dollar store paint ain't much, but i've used it before to make something look good for a little while, or just to touch up something before a parade. That's the only kind of painting i've done, either a spray can or a paint brush.

steered this one back on the right path,eh?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

yeah, it does ok if you get good paint like krylon or rustoleum. That cheap dollar store paint ain't much, but i've used it before to make something look good for a little while, or just to touch up something before a parade. That's the only kind of painting i've done, either a spray can or a paint brush.

Its good paint. Its Dupli-Color, from Napa.

• Like 1

On my mind, and I'm shure of that, painting with an air brush is more easily and faster then a spray can.

Of coure preparations are longer, you need compressor and so on, you have to clean the gun good after use.

But sometimes it's just a disaster applying sprays. Unable to variate pressure, grade of drops (dispersion?) and a size of spraing beam.

Vinny, i want you to know, that sticker on the air filter, have you any idea where to find a new one?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I look forward to the completion of this as I am sure it will look great! I agree with some of the others though, you might be better off without the muffler as it will hide the sound of the turbocharger (and you wouldn't want that!). Twenty years ago I drove a 1976 International Loadstar 1850 tandem axle gravel truck (for my dad's excavating business), powered by a International DT466 with a 13 speed Fuller and it had a straight pipe. Every time I would shift, it let out a loud whine from the turbo (similar to the sound of an air-starter). I remember when my dad drove the truck, I would be at home and hear him coming from two miles away because of the turbo whine whenever he would shift gears. I love that sound!

• Like 2

I look forward to the completion of this as I am sure it will look great! I agree with some of the others though, you might be better off without the muffler as it will hide the sound of the turbocharger (and you wouldn't want that!). Twenty years ago I drove a 1976 International Loadstar 1850 tandem axle gravel truck (for my dad's excavating business), powered by a International DT466 with a 13 speed Fuller and it had a straight pipe. Every time I would shift, it let out a loud whine from the turbo (similar to the sound of an air-starter). I remember when my dad drove the truck, I would be at home and hear him coming from two miles away because of the turbo whine whenever he would shift gears. I love that sound!

Papa and I were thinking today, we might change something up. Its a little funky.

Vlad, I dont know where you can get them stickers new, I dont think you can get them new. I dont think she'll be ready for Macungie next year.

Maybe make an order to reprint them? Not to Mack but any local print shop. I have mines terrible weared, would like to have 'em in the positions.

Your progress looks like you have good chances for the next year Macungie.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012