Junkyard trip

upstate, about 20 min north of albany. the guy bought the place from the original owner who was some big time millionaire. had his own airport and everything on the land and a pool inside his house. the new guy doesnt look like he has done much, everything is run down and Encon and DEC is on the guys ass to clean the place up. he wants to seel but wont part with much cheap. gonna try to buy the F model chain drive if its reasonable. got his number, gonna call him monday. the C model cab over is pretty sweet to except the front tires are gone and its sittin in about a foot of water. the whole place is built up a little and a lot of it is swampy. NEVER ever seen 12-15 AC Macks in one place before in my life and they been sittin there 40 years at least. he said someone offered him $3500 for one and he told them show up with cash and ill pull it out of the weeds and mud.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

the F is an FH. anyone know what the original engine would have been? def has an old Mack firetruck engine in it.cab is a little rough but its all there and flat panels. the cabover Mack is a CJ or CH or EB. cant really tell the difference from lookin at the Mack book.the Mack firetruck is pretty much junk, all rotted bad and been canabalized. still amazed how shiny the windshield trim is. the DM800 is rough, cab is shot, its an early one, green dash, with an 18 speed quad. didnt even think to open the hood and see if it was a V8 as i was runnin around like a kid in a candy store.the A model with the well driller on it is pretty much junk. water has rotted the whole dash and cab away. engine, shot, fenders junk. was a few others there, a really nice Fenderal truck and the cabover 55 ford was nice. was rainin and everything was all grown up, was soaked head to toe when we got done searchin thru the brush.gonna call the guy tomorrow and see if we can make a deal on the FH. would even consider the C model cab over just to save it if the price is right. i see everything going to the crusher someday as the DEC and Encon has been botherin him. the guy has a bunch of late model cars and trucks and a shitload of VW beatles and busses, even camper special hippi busses with the roof that extends. the guy i talked to just watches the yard and was a little odd, lived in an old camper in the yard and was wearin same clothes i saw him in a week ago. kinda weird walkin around, felt like one of those movies where you get kidnapped in the junkyard haha. i guess the owner wants to sell but hates tire kickers and doesnt wanna start alot of activity in the yard and get the DEC involved. just wants to sell stuff off here and there

• Like 1

I would be interested in a few of the AC's. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

have any idea how to tell what that cabover is Mike?? from all the Mack books i have its either a early CH or a EB cabover? dunno how to tell the difference. it has tip out windshields and they have been open forever and top of dash is rotten but can be saved. had an overheard valve gas engine which i dont think is original. also anyone have any idea what that FH would have had for an original engine?? looks to be an EN510 with finned exhaust manifold and dual ignition now.

have any idea how to tell what that cabover is Mike?? from all the Mack books i have its either a early CH or a EB cabover? dunno how to tell the difference. it has tip out windshields and they have been open forever and top of dash is rotten but can be saved. had an overheard valve gas engine which i dont think is original. also anyone have any idea what that FH would have had for an original engine?? looks to be an EN510 with finned exhaust manifold and dual ignition now.

It's really hard to tell,Mack made few changes on those and called them different models,I'm thinking the LMU also looked similiar.Best way is to check for a VIN on the frame.

If nothing else get the front fender marker lights off of the fire truck. They are scarce!

The fire truck looks like an E model?? If you go back try to get pictures of as many ID plates as you can, especially of the fire truck just to make sure it's not something rare.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!