I received my packet from the Mack museum today in regards to my B67. Not too mention my Antique title and plate!!!!!!! All in the same day!!!!

Now it looks like I need to invest in the service manuals to decipher all of the codes. However this is the first piece of info. on my cover sheet. Very interesting....But blows my mind because I always thought this one was built in the Plainfield N.J. plant, being that it has the Plainfield plate on the door....

"Records indicate Mack Truck B67T 8964 was assembled in the Mack Trucks Inc. assembly plant in Allentown, Pa having a production line placement date of July 8,1963 and a finish date of July 13,1963. Upon completion, this truck was assigned to the Mack Trucks factory dealership, Uttal Mack Trucks Inc. of Norristown PA, and then delivered to Hall's Motor Transit Co on July 15, 1963."

The rest of the records indicate that it was delivered to Hall's Motor Transit in Harrisburg Pa.

Im thrilled to know this about Dads old truck...Still trying to figure out the cab though. Build sheet indicates that it was built with the CA32 cab. So now was the CA32 the concave or standard. The other option is a CA 212 designation. I have it here in black and white but still don't know the damn difference. Ha...

Also turns out it came from the factory with a set of the pretty round ALUMINUM tanks.....So now the search will be on for my passenger side tank....

post-6282-0-01055500-1332040559_thumb.jp

• Like 1

awesome!!! they gave me a nice little white book like that too, and the first class mail envolope. geat history on your truck too. my u model was built july 16th. also i have one question. it says "Upon completion, this truck was assigned to the Mack Trucks factory dealership, Uttal Mack Trucks Inc. of Norristown PA, and then delivered to Hall's Motor Transit Co on July 15, 1963." well my build sheets for the u say it was asigned too, and delivered too, something in worwick rhode island. what does that mean?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Vinny-that sounds like the dealer, then the actual buyer.

sm-It is by donation, no set fee.

Check the MACK website for info. Or someone has it on speed dial here I'm sure

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I'm probably wrong but I think the CA212 is the wheelbase designation or cab to chassis end dimension. Seem to remember something about that designation with my B mixer.

Hey Vinny your U was delivered to Halls in 1963?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

awesome!!! they gave me a nice little white book like that too, and the first class mail envolope. geat history on your truck too. my u model was built july 16th. also i have one question. it says "Upon completion, this truck was assigned to the Mack Trucks factory dealership, Uttal Mack Trucks Inc. of Norristown PA, and then delivered to Hall's Motor Transit Co on July 15, 1963." well my build sheets for the u say it was asigned too, and delivered too, something in worwick rhode island. what does that mean?

Well Vinny that simply means that it went to the Mack dealership right after it was built, mine went to Uttal's Mack in Norristown PA. Yours probably went to a Mack dealer somewhere up near Rhode Island. Then after being delivered to the Mack dealership, someone from Halls Motor Transit purchased it at the Mack dealership and it was then sent to Harrisburg where Hall's had a trucking terminal.

So after being built your U model was "assigned" "slated" "arrangements were made" for it to go to one of Macks dealerships...... Then when somebody finally bought the truck from Mack it was "delivered" also known as "sold" to that person or company.

The dates on mine indicate that it was probably ordered and built specifically for Halls and its stop at Uttals Mack was only for a day or two. So Halls probably bought a pile of trucks through Uttals and they were delivered as soon as they were built......My build sheet "Desired delivery date" section says "[Rush - Rush - Rush*]".

Hi, I'm sure it's been posted before on this sight, but how much$ does it cost and what is the contact info at Mack. Thanks,Steve

Here you go Steve and for anyone else interested. This is a shot of my cover letter with contact info and the facts about the cost at the bottom. This is a great service that they provide and I am planning on making a donation and writing back to personally thank the crew in the records department which I think may do what they do on a volunteer basis.

-Shawn

post-6282-0-32151000-1332093104_thumb.jp

Great info. That's pretty neat that it came from a classic LTL carrier. Did you know that it had come from Hall's?

I thought so too Jim. And no I did not know that Halls owned it at one time. For me the classic carrier that matters will always be Barrett Trucking Inc. My fathers company and the fact that he owned and operated this truck and quite a damn few others like it. But the fact that it also has history with Halls prior to his ownership of the truck makes the cool factor even better.....

Well Vinny that simply means that it went to the Mack dealership right after it was built, mine went to Uttal's Mack in Norristown PA. Yours probably went to a Mack dealer somewhere up near Rhode Island. Then after being delivered to the Mack dealership, someone from Halls Motor Transit purchased it at the Mack dealership and it was then sent to Harrisburg where Hall's had a trucking terminal.

So after being built your U model was "assigned" "slated" "arrangements were made" for it to go to one of Macks dealerships...... Then when somebody finally bought the truck from Mack it was "delivered" also known as "sold" to that person or company.

The dates on mine indicate that it was probably ordered and built specifically for Halls and its stop at Uttals Mack was only for a day or two. So Halls probably bought a pile of trucks through Uttals and they were delivered as soon as they were built......My build sheet "Desired delivery date" section says "[Rush - Rush - Rush*]".

flexi van truck rental ordered 21 u models all at one time, and mine was the 18th. so since flexi van ordered them they must have had them shipped to warwick and then flexi van came and picked them up.

I could be mistaken, but I believe all trucks went through a dealership (branch) before delivery when Mack still had their factory branch system. That is why some carriers also operated Mack franchises so they could take advantage of "factory" pricing. I want to say Florida Rock was one carrier that had a franchise, but I'm not 100% sure.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

To show my dunce ability's I'm gonna chance and say I thinks it was the CA 27 option that was a sleeper cab.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

There were evidently several different versions of the B Flagship cab based on the model to be used on.The CA212 would have had a doghouse,where a CA21 didn't need one.The CA27 cab was the concave cab used on the B61.The sleeper cabs for a B61 were the CAS25 for the early side window version and CAS28 for the later vent style.Anyone wanting to know any more versions,I can look them up,then maybe somebody with more time & talent can make a list or something.

There were evidently several different versions of the B Flagship cab based on the model to be used on.The CA212 would have had a doghouse,where a CA21 didn't need one.The CA27 cab was the concave cab used on the B61.The sleeper cabs for a B61 were the CAS25 for the early side window version and CAS28 for the later vent style.Anyone wanting to know any more versions,I can look them up,then maybe somebody with more time & talent can make a list or something.

Thats great information Mike thank you. We should really try to get that info readily available around here like you said. I thought at first the CA21 you mentioned was a type error......never thought about the doghouse being the variable....how bout that.

I remembered the CA 27 designation from a truck I used to have but it's been before my mind left me stranded........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Here's a couple more for tonite,

CA214,standard for the B53,flat back&passenger seat deleted.

CA30,standard for B-75 and most B-80 series,flat back,sunken floor boards

CAS30,sleeper cab,sunken floor

CA31,L cab option for B-75

hey mike, do you remember all this stuff, or are you looking at some sort of book? because i want that book!!! can you tell me info on u models?

hey mike, do you remember all this stuff, or are you looking at some sort of book? because i want that book!!! can you tell me info on u models?

Some I remember,some I gotta look up.Luckily,I had 2 of the best teachers in the world when it came to Mack info,Harry and Spike Nelson,founders of H&L Mack Truck Sales in Mediapolis,IA.These guys were tops,I would literally spend hours listening to them.Wish they were still around,but by me passing on as much of the knowledge they gave me as I can,their legacy lives on.Also,I got a small "library" (spec sheets & folders,owners manuals,parts books,service manuals,books,magazines,you name it)that I started when I was younger than you,and I'm still adding to it.The best source I've found for printed info is the old specs folders that they used to have at the dealers.I've got damned near a full set from E model days up to the '70s & '80's when they changed.There's a couple sellers on Ebay you can get them from,but they've been getting pricey.Once in awhile there'll be a cheap one.Glad I got most of mine way back when.

• Like 1