Frankenstein B model

Its got a 170 HP end673 in it. No thermostat, no oil cooler and a 500 luberfinder oil filter with out a full flow.

I am gaining all kinds of info already! Thanks!

I want to get it running so my fine boys can all learn how to shift a truck with more than one stick for the trans. (not that I am an expert!)

That will give them braggin' rights with their buddies:

"Whatcha got in there? An automatic you say? - hell, I drive trucks with TWO sticks!"

WOW ITS.....A monster!...ITS ALIVE!!! You weren't lying that IS THE FRANKENSTEIN MACK! Thanks for the pics! Okay here ya go....custom paint job....stitches holdin everything together. With 2 big bolt heads coming out of the top of the cab behind the doors........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AejNV5h_0&feature=related

I ended up using DAB transport out of Odessa. They haul a lot of stuff in for me from J.J.Kane auctions and they were coming right by the guys place with the Mack running empty to go get that Windrow elevator (why did I capitalize that?) so they grabbed the Mack and brought it along.

The only trouble we had was that the brain surgeons at the auction yard pulled the elevator under a low overhang on a building and broke the exhaust off. And it broke at the casting coming out of the turbo of course. I bet Moses my Amish buddy has the part.

Charles (Bigen) and I have tried to get it to work for him to haul it, but our schedules have not matched up.

That's an ugly B model if I ever saw one, but it's pretty neat though. Do you think they built it like that at a dealer, home made it, or is that special factory stuff? I'd definatly like to see it restored.

Ben

I don't know what I am going to do with it - I had a guy come by and buy my 2000 Freightliner dump truck that was in the photos a few days ago, so I plan to get it running to use around here on the farm - I am always needing to haul off some stumps or something.

First thing I am going to do is send off to the Mack Museum and find out who the original owner was - it was a crane carrier to start with and it was painted baby blue - does anyone remember a crane company with that color? It would be cool to find a photo of what it looked like when new. I also think it may have started out with an open top cab like a fire truck. Time will tell................

You need to take the dump box off and put a H5 Bucyrus-Erie crane on it.I even know where you can buy one.

That must be a small one - the two Bucyrus cranes I have owned would have sat down on it, but the truck would have been smashed flat!

I had the cutest little Bay City years ago, it had a the same engine as an RD4 in it, that would have been cool to mount on here as well.

Do you have a photo? how far away?

I don't know what I am going to do with it - I had a guy come by and buy my 2000 Freightliner dump truck that was in the photos a few days ago, so I plan to get it running to use around here on the farm - I am always needing to haul off some stumps or something.

First thing I am going to do is send off to the Mack Museum and find out who the original owner was - it was a crane carrier to start with and it was painted baby blue - does anyone remember a crane company with that color? It would be cool to find a photo of what it looked like when new. I also think it may have started out with an open top cab like a fire truck. Time will tell................

hey olive, my u model was baby blue when it was with kimberly clark bakerys in CT. i dont think a bakery had a crane truck though, they might of, but i dont think so. and maybe it didnt have an open cab, i think they dropped somethin on the top of it, cut it off and put that concocktion on there.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Nice Find Olive !! I Like it cause it is a Different looking Bulldog . i personally kinda like the squre fenders on it . it has a Flintstone Bulldog look to it . ;)

Did i see pics of this truck in an RB Or Iron Planet auction ? i could swear i seen a pic of this B model before .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

The cab must be a lot roomier than a "normal" B.

Maybe Mack built it as a mock-up for the R model? Yeah...that's it....I'm always thinkin'. :unsure:

I got to looking and I think the doors may not be original. The title reads that it is a 1952 model, but I am told that B models did not come out until 1953. I scraped and sprayed all over the frame rail above the passenger side front spring hangers but I can not find a serial number anywhere. I want to send off to the Mack museum for more infomation, but I just don't think the door plate is original.

I also do not know anymore what the original color is, it has at least four coats of paint in places and some places the base color looks baby blue and other places dark green.

Where else could the serial number be on the chassis?

I got to looking and I think the doors may not be original. The title reads that it is a 1952 model, but I am told that B models did not come out until 1953. I scraped and sprayed all over the frame rail above the passenger side front spring hangers but I can not find a serial number anywhere. I want to send off to the Mack museum for more infomation, but I just don't think the door plate is original.

I also do not know anymore what the original color is, it has at least four coats of paint in places and some places the base color looks baby blue and other places dark green.

This could get interesting as as the story unravels.

Jim

wow my u model was green from the factory and baby blue after that and now its red. holy crap its just like the frankenstien b model!!! thats interesting olive...

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It was posted on here when it was on ebay, six months ago or so. The guy I got it from owned it for many moons so I don't think it was at a ritchie bros auction ever. She is so ugly, she is fine looking!

Has this truck been posted on here before? Recently I remember seeing one like that posted on here and I thought the general speculation was that it may have been a crane truck. Does anyone else remember that?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.