Frankenstein B model

What's the number on the title and door tag?

I had a copy of the title that I have since lost. The real title is on its way in the snail-mail. The door tag reads: B61ST #20822

I think the door is not original.

I scraped and cleaned above the rear spring hanger on the front passenger side, which involves laying on belly with those goofy fenders in the way. My belly is either larger or my arms are shorter than they used to be. I can not find a number stamped anywhere.

Is there anywhere else on the frame the serial number may be stamped?

Has this truck been posted on here before? Recently I remember seeing one like that posted on here and I thought the general speculation was that it may have been a crane truck. Does anyone else remember that?

HG - I posted the ebay listing on here when I bought it four or five months ago. It was a crane carrier to start out with - I am trying to pin down the proper serial number so I can send off to the Mack museum for more info. How is the weather up there? We have had 80's all week and today when feeding the cows, I saw the true sign that spring has sprung - the vultures showed up.

That number would put it in the 58 to 59 range.On some of the real old B models in the smaller sizes,they stamped the #'s at the rear of the frame,like on the E,A & L models.Sometimes the stamping is pretty light and hard to read.Look more toward the front of the rear hanger,between there and the shock mount.Most likely a typo in the year, either the Ebay listing or title.I have several titles with old typos that I've tried to have changed,but found out it's not worth the hassle.My B83SX in titled as a B835X,for example.

That number would put it in the 58 to 59 range.On some of the real old B models in the smaller sizes,they stamped the #'s at the rear of the frame,like on the E,A & L models.Sometimes the stamping is pretty light and hard to read.Look more toward the front of the rear hanger,between there and the shock mount.Most likely a typo in the year, either the Ebay listing or title.I have several titles with old typos that I've tried to have changed,but found out it's not worth the hassle.My B83SX in titled as a B835X,for example.

Thanks Mike - I will see what I can find out tomorrow - I hope it rains so I can fool with it in the shop without any guilt that I am not harrowing my pastures!

Has this truck been posted on here before? Recently I remember seeing one like that posted on here and I thought the general speculation was that it may have been a crane truck. Does anyone else remember that?

yup,,,i remember that post myself,,,i dont remember,,what the title was,,or the reason for post,,,maybe its the same truck...bob

HG - I posted the ebay listing on here when I bought it four or five months ago. It was a crane carrier to start out with - I am trying to pin down the proper serial number so I can send off to the Mack museum for more info. How is the weather up there? We have had 80's all week and today when feeding the cows, I saw the true sign that spring has sprung - the vultures showed up.

Ok that explains why I recognized the rig. The weather has been so so until today, we have about 8 inches of snow and its still snowing hard and of course the wind has to blow too.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.