High fuel prices vs. going to shows

Just curious- Will the high fuel prices effect anyone's attendance at shows this year? The F554G Waukesha in my firetruck slurps about 3MPG and the wife has this thing about paying the mortgage on time and being able to feed the kids (she's funny like that....) so obviously I will probably be cutting back on show attendance. One show I WILL go to (and the wife knows not to screw with me over) is Macungie as that is only about 10 miles from the house, and it is one of the weekends that I "live for" all year....

Interested to see what others are doing/not doing.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Only show so far is the one at Ashland, Ohio Fairgrounds(that I'm roped into being part of commitee LOL). I've got my racing schedule that I'm trying to keep up with but even that is taking a big shot in the arm. I'm going to do what I can, comfortably. Sad it can't be like it used to be.

As much as I'd love to get to Macgunie, it's just too expensive.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Me as well,too little work-too high fuel prices! Thankfully we have enough local shows! Its not hard to put $100.00 in the tank any time I take it out. :icon_bs::thumbsdown: Any during the week activities or shows are nixed untill work gets better anyway!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This will be the last year i drive my truck to Macungie unless the price of fuel goes down, just about too high to drive a pickup truck out there. i will go to Wolcott,IA, and keep it in Indiana. Ron

I hear you ,Ron.Its great to see all the friends we've made over the years,but we can only go so far. :icon_bs:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

saw a big sign today at a local corner store MILK $4.00 a gallon, right above it, DIESEL $4.28 a gallon, just not right. Milk is regulated. When diesel was $5.00, oil was $150.00 a barrel, now it's $4.28 and $104.00 a barrel. No rhyme to it. Just gouging, here gouging there.

My Dad would travel around to shows with his camper to enjoy his retirement and check out the hard labor of love people have put into their projects and talk for hours with these folks and reminisce about the old days. It is a way of life for a lot of retired people and unfortunately it maybe coming to a screeching halt. My Dad's camper cost him $80,000 and with that V10 in it he now only goes to shows in Connecticut.

I have already decided to skip the ATHS National because of the cost of fuel along with all of the other costs of attending. I figured it will be the better part of $1000.00 to pay the fuel bill, get a hotel room, admission, etc.

We still go to as many in-state parades/shows as we can and I've already made my reservations for Macungie.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I should be at Macungie this year and will sleep in, or under my truck.

Too many good people/participants to meet on this board to not go.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Use up some of those points you get for traveling for FAA!

We really don't get to accumulate anything for that. Kind of a conflict of interest they say. Don't travel much distance any longer except to refresher courses and usually drive then.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I should be at Macungie this year and will sleep in, or under my truck.

Too many good people/participants to meet on this board to not go.

Rob

Rob I'm sure you are aware but if not there is a camping area where you can pitch a tent. There are restroom facilities but unfortunately no showers- you'll have to do the old baby-wipe & deoderant shower....lol

Lots of guys rack out in their sleepers or under their trucks too. Idling not allowed overnight and in the middle of June.......I prefer a nice comfy air conditioned 65 degree and no humidity hotel room......or in the case of Macungie, my house about 20 miles away.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Rob I'm sure you are aware but if not there is a camping area where you can pitch a tent. There are restroom facilities but unfortunately no showers- you'll have to do the old baby-wipe & deoderant shower....lol

Lots of guys rack out in their sleepers or under their trucks too. Idling not allowed overnight and in the middle of June.......I prefer a nice comfy air conditioned 65 degree and no humidity hotel room......or in the case of Macungie, my house about 20 miles away.

Usually in the summertime I can stretch out the shower interval to about every third weekend. I'm pretty versed in the SSS routines that get you out the door quickly. If I drive one of my RL's I'll prolly drag the ole Jeep behind so I have wheels to visit other places too. I'm really accustomed to sleeping in the back of that cause it's so much more comfy than the doghouse that "Momma" has banished me to in the wintertime.

Rob

In the summer I take a shower every 2 weeks whether I need it or not. In the winter, every 4 weeks.

You are a better man than I. Of couse I can't let "Momma" win in the contest of whom can develop the strongest "funk" over time till the itch is no longer bearable. So far she can't top me and I am the reining champion.

Rob

We bet a guy in high school that he could not go two months or so, I don't remember the exact number of days, without a bath - he won, we really, really, really lost. No one wanted to sit behind him. He was allowed to wash his face above his chin, and from temples forward, and his hands from his watch out. He liked it so well, he went for another week or so extra, and said if anyone wanted to double down on him going for six months without bathing he was ready to go - we just paid up on the first bet and gave up.

Hi Carl. Will you and Bonnie be in the camping area at Macungie?

No, I am going to bring the truck this year so we'll stay in a hotel. But we'll look you up if you are staying in the coach.

When are coming to DC again?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!