Guess where I was today...

Ok Ok Its time to get specific...although I was at the Macungie manufacturing plant just in the giftshop yesterday....Thats NOT where these pics were taken. This is at the former engineering, design, and proving grounds in Allentown PA just down the road and around the bend from the former Mack World headquarters which was closed down and relocated to Greensboro N.C. two years ago. They have been renovating the old R&D plant for the last 2 years and now its the Mack Museum and Customer center. Where you can see the oldest Mack known to exist, study Mack history, or if in the market take a brand new Titan or whichever you fancy for a spin around the complex!! This is also where they are keeping the historical documents on our trucks gentlemen! To say the least...it was awesome, and if you havent been there yet, well....get off your axle. http://mackexperience.com

post-6282-0-81388900-1329589399_thumb.jp

I was there today rearranging the truck displays. It is a great place!

Steve the assistant curator told me the local ATHS club comes over on Saturdays to play...I thought about you immediately. I also noticed Daryls superliner was on display. Let me guess, today you moved his and the rest into the old sound test room that they just epoxied the floor of....right? Lol

I really cant wait to get there

Heres one for you buddy. Have you seen the Transformer movies? Im pretty sure the scene starts off in Australia...Megatron has turned himself into a badass Mack...its up here on display. Regardless of the movies which I thought were eh...so-so... The truck is badass. I love the Kill tally on the doors hahaha. Think it would make a great candidate for a Duel remake haha.

post-6282-0-95706300-1329600546_thumb.jp

Steve the assistant curator told me the local ATHS club comes over on Saturdays to play...I thought about you immediately. I also noticed Daryls superliner was on display. Let me guess, today you moved his and the rest into the old sound test room that they just epoxied the floor of....right? Lol

Correction:

The local "Antique Truck Club of America" (ATCA) chapter has work day at the Museum.

We did move most of the trucks back into the sound room.

Work day was last Saturday but I couldn't be there due to my daughters basketball tournament. (Which they won in triple OT!)

The floor was done this week, so we moved trucks back in today.

We had a great day!

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Correction:

The local "Antique Truck Club of America" (ATCA) chapter has work day at the Museum.

We did move most of the trucks back into the sound room.

Work day was last Saturday but I couldn't be there due to my daughters basketball tournament. (Which they won in triple OT!)

The floor was done this week, so we moved trucks back in today.

We had a great day!

Yes ATCA my mistake, where did ATHS come from...nevermind brain backfire. Yesterday they had the heat cranked up to dry the epoxy on the floor, it felt like an oven...so I assumed you would be relocating them today. I'll bet that looks impressive now. I snapped a pic of the room, with all the heat yesterday I thought it was an old heat testing and extreme conditions room until Steve told me "you can walk in there, close the doors and drop a quarter and never hear it hit the ground". Very impressive.

post-6282-0-86721300-1329618844_thumb.jp

The sound room is repopulated.

The sound room was simply a room that a truck could be run on a lift to diagnose noise related issues.

The dyno room was the climate controlled room where the trucks were run under extreme temperature conditions.

The heating and cooling system for the dyno room is immense! The range of temperature was unbelievable...

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

The sound room is repopulated.

The sound room was simply a room that a truck could be run on a lift to diagnose noise related issues.

The dyno room was the climate controlled room where the trucks were run under extreme temperature conditions.

The heating and cooling system for the dyno room is immense! The range of temperature was unbelievable...

The dyno room! Shucks I dont think I saw that one....well next time then lol. I was just goin through my pics again and realized that your baby was hiding in the corner back there. I overlooked it the first time... Thats one sharp truck.

post-6282-0-60057800-1329670228_thumb.jp