Price Of Fuel

MACKS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's back to 3.00 a gallon in new york and rising. what are you guys paying and where?

I live about two hours SW of Atlanta GA, localy (Roopville, GA) I am paying $2.69 for taxed fuel and $2.49 for un-taxed for my tractor.

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Was out cruising around in my VW dieselcar in southern MN & northern Iowa yesterday. Going price for diesel was $2.89 in MN, filled up in Northwood, IA at $2.78., clerk said price was going up overnight. On the way back north on I-35 in MN saw prices up to $2.93.

If fuel hits the rumored $4.00/gal. you'll be one of the few cruising around. Hard to hate a car that can do 50 mpg.

Brad

Cuba, Mo

1960 Mack B61

1985 Mack R686

1970 IH Loadstar 1600

• 7 months later...

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Haven't been downtown for a couple of days,but found a website that shows prices from $3.39 to $3.55/gal. in Carson City,so I expect about $0.05 higher up here.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

BTW-I'm currently looking for a good Mule,Ox and Yak dealer-they might be cheaper to feed than them ol' Macks and KW's. Noticeably slower though... :P

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Haven't been downtown for a couple of days,but found a website that shows prices from $3.39 to $3.55/gal. in Carson City,so I expect about $0.05 higher up here.

Speed

BTW-I'm currently looking for a good Mule,Ox and Yak dealer-they might be cheaper to feed than them ol' Macks and KW's. Noticeably slower though... :P

make sure and get one that is

EPA approved because they put off some emisions know what i mean. glenn

glenn akers

3.38 a gallon here in manchester, Kentucky. I figured the other day and it is taking 45% of my paycheck to pay the fuel bill. don't know how much longer i can struggle on with the fuel. Can't afford to park up and just quit, but looks like parking up is the only option left if it continues to climb at the pump. Sad to say but its really not worth crawling outta bed for work anymore. Going in the hole everytime i go to work nowdays. Boy times sure have changed for the worst !!!

3.38 a gallon here in manchester, Kentucky. I figured the other day and it is taking 45% of my paycheck to pay the fuel bill. don't know how much longer i can struggle on with the fuel. Can't afford to park up and just quit, but looks like parking up is the only option left if it continues to climb at the pump. Sad to say but its really not worth crawling outta bed for work anymore. Going in the hole everytime i go to work nowdays. Boy times sure have changed for the worst !!!

Just got back from town-looks to be $3.60/gallon at the two places I passed. Gas was a low of $3.08,regular,and high of $4.00 premium.

Speed

I guess we could use the Mule,Ox and Yak droppings to fertilize the greenery along the roadsides;the critter farts'd be the hard part to manage...

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Well, we're at $3.699 for diesel in Upstate NY. And it is going to get a lot worse.

This isn't going to go away.

Just like most low tech industries today, we are working for a lot less money today in the building industry than we were twenty years ago. Seems ridiculous.

The only fix is for each and every one of us to reduce our our dependency on imported oil.

And, at the same time, we need to stop buying imported junk! The fact that the WalMarts and K-Marts and Kohls and on and on can exist in this country by pushing Chinese inferior products on us is just plain criminal. And it's our own fault - we keep buying useless stuff, and lots of it. Just to feed our arrogant greed. It's very sad to look at what we are doing to ourselves.

Let's stop buying imported junk, and go back to making our own goods. That fixes a multitude of problems in our society. American pride goes way up, welfare goes down, and we can work on becoming a strong country again. Seems like a worthwhile goal.

To fix the oil problem permanently, we need a suitable alternative for about 50% of our current consumption.

Bio-diesel has some promise, as does hydrogen as an auto fuel, and ethanol as a general use fuel. Obviously as the price of crude oil rises, the alternative fuels become more feasable.

We probably will never be able to make public transportation a reasonable alternative in the US. We just plain like to drive too much. So public transportation is not a realistic part of the picture, at least not yet.

Less expensive and renewable electric power sources will also be a big part of the "oil hostage" solution in the future.

But the biggest and most powerful piece of the whole puzzle is you and I. All of us, every single one, has to make an effort to change. Period.

I believe very strongly that we have the best country in the world. A little crazy at times, perhaps, but the best country in the world. If we can't work to keep it great, then who will?

Sorry for the rambling, but I've had enough of hearing everyone try to blame someone else for these problems. These problems are our own fault, and we are the only ones who can fix them. Let's get busy.

Paul Van Scott

your right vanscott the problem is our own problem simply because we keep buying the fuel no matter what the pump says. Also all you hear now days is a more fuel efficient car or diesel engine. Someone tell me i am wrong but how is that gonna help the fuel problem, i mean really if we can get 60 miles to the gallon instead of 10 isn't that going to make us drive more ? more fuel effiecent is really just gonna make us depend on oil more in the long run. What needs to be cut out is the ppl thats out there on the road that really don't have to be there. There will be a time where we wished we would have saved a gallon of fuel or 2 for our trucks and equipment that really had to be out there to keep this country going. Just guessing i would say there is at least 20 to 30% of the traffic on the road.. you know the kind of traffic that causes us to smoke our fresh brake lining off cause they are sight seeing and have no productive reason to be on the highway at all. I don't know how everyone else is doing but the rising cost of fuel has almost costed me the farm and to put the trucks to pasture. As of right now it is taking 55% of my gross income just to pay the fuel bill. I am sure there is somewhere a struggling owner operator that has to file bankrupt and quit his trucking carreer everyday because of the fuel situation. It is mainly us truckers that the rising price of fuel is affecting the most and its the trucks that this country can't run one single day without.