dump truck bed colors

randyp

Okee Dokee now, it may be survey time. I have seen red dump beds, green, blue, brown. One of mine is red, other is mostly primer red, both trucks are white. Imo gonna repaint both beds this summer, what would be you mackanian afficianados favorite color for a dump bed or what would be most appropiate? You will receive no compensation for your opinion, just wondering. Hate to admit this, kinda wondering what "safety yellow" would look like. I may be a lil partial to trying yellow, just cause havent ever seen any yellow ones. Dont hold back, les hear it. And dont be saying yellow sounds "gay",,,just say wether you like it or not and your color preference,,,thank you in advance,,,sincerely, your mackamotoring friend,,,randyp

Okee Dokee now, it may be survey time. I have seen red dump beds, green, blue, brown. One of mine is red, other is mostly primer red, both trucks are white. Imo gonna repaint both beds this summer, what would be you mackanian afficianados favorite color for a dump bed or what would be most appropiate? You will receive no compensation for your opinion, just wondering. Hate to admit this, kinda wondering what "safety yellow" would look like. I may be a lil partial to trying yellow, just cause havent ever seen any yellow ones. Dont hold back, les hear it. And dont be saying yellow sounds "gay",,,just say wether you like it or not and your color preference,,,thank you in advance,,,sincerely, your mackamotoring friend,,,randyp

Yellow cab, pink bed. Lime green stripes with rainbows on the doors.

I like red, or silver dump beds myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for all input,,,dernit, but dont that yeller bed look good on that yeller "B"! Killer is blue with rusty spots, guess I oughta leave out the rusty spots if i paint dump beds that color though. I hadnt thought of silver Rob, i have seen some around here that color. I wonder if theres a certain color that DOT picks on the most? We ought do a study on that! Maybe a "light hospital mauve" would soothe the savage DOT. randyp

Paint 'em the same as texas DOT.

Less hassles

That would be black with twinkling white, red, and blue strobe lights Hat. I would also have to install a laptop in the console to print out all my "infractions" and "shortfallings". (and develop a liking for donuts) randyp

That would be black with twinkling white, red, and blue strobe lights Hat. I would also have to install a laptop in the console to print out all my "infractions" and "shortfallings". (and develop a liking for donuts) randyp

NOT hi-way patrol DOT. TRUCKS-like pickemups, dumps, tractors

ARRRRR

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Bout 10 years ago I painted a new custom stainless double wall body that was polished in the recesses burgundy to match the color of the cab. It took as long to mask this thing off as it does a normal automobile for a complete repaint. Sure was pretty when done and after the pinstriping was applied. The truck was the nicest "PayStar" I think I've ever seen. It had some type of hydraulic detachable conveyor on the rear. I don't know what the truck was destined to do but they didn't spare any expense setting it up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I plan on painting my truck yellow, frame black, rims grey and hubs black. Yellow is different, just have to find a shade that goes well with the truck. I'm hoping to get my truck almost the same yellow as the B61 in this picture. Everyone in my area has red or green trucks. Recently the new fad has been to paint the dump bodies on trucks gray.

If I could paint my CXN and it came out looking like that B model, it would be painted tomorrow. Beautiful truck. What part of Connecticut, my first ride in a truck I was around 4 yrs old,53 years ago, it was a Beard Construction B model? They are in Derby and Milford Conn. Maybe same truck.

Whatever color you decide, try to match something readily available in a spray can for easy scratch & dent touch up. Black, standard red, or even John Deere green.

Gregg

Like this?

post-4436-0-80088100-1328656802_thumb.jp

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

We had Red dump beds for the most part . also had a few black dump beds as well.

Buddy of mine has Black, Red, White, & Green beds on his IH & KW's

Does the Deere come w/ an optional redhead in place of the brunette ?? lol

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I like the body that's standing on that tractor tire.

But Hatcity's got the right idea- paint it like a state truck with a big yellow light on top and put a snow plow on it. Then when the DOT man stops you and says "who are you trying to fool? there's no snow on the road- we average a half inch of snow every 10 years around here!"

Then you say "yeah, i'm doing a hell of a job ain't I ?"

Then he'll say "have a nice day sir" and leave you alone.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Paint it as close as you can to the color of the red Texas clay you'll be hauling. Saves on wash costs. And it allows you to camoflauge the rig when D.O.T. is around.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Well,being as you asked for opinions,thought i'd add my two cents! you gotta' go east coast style my friend! Mack red,blue or green (preferable) on both the cab and body,then you gotta backdate to dayton wheels an' paint em' RED! ask BULLHUSK,Ernie prolly tell you the same thing! only way to avoid this( and gettin laughed at up Jersey way) is with a "lunimin" body you can go with the old style black and yellow safety stripes on the front bumper,this is acceptable too,maybe even pinstripes,but then your getting into new england territory,and out of my juristiction....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.