nudder mack dump

I finally bought nudder dump truck today, been haggling with owner a while. It will be a good sister truck to other one, they actually bout identical. Its a 1980 with a 2 stick 6 speed, bout 239,000 miles. Motor sounds really good and stout. Gonna have to replace all tandem tires, already knew that so I think I got it at reasonable price. Its been sitting 2 years and hasnt been registered since 2005. Wish me luck, I may need it,,,,randyp

post-4330-0-77078700-1326322932_thumb.jp

The 285 is an ENDT-676 in those days if prior to 4/1/1980. I think it is called an ETZ-285 afterwards. It is a very good engine and can readily output 325hp reliably if not allowed to get really hot. This is the same engine the early 350 Mack's were based from with different tuning and transmissions.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

she has to be a hard worker around you if you load er up like that everytime.

If Im just doodling dirt off road on site, not getting on highway, poor ole girl gets the shit loaded outta every time. On highway, i be sure and stay water level with sides and close tarp or the gestapo in black Tahoe full of christmas lights will make a strafing run on me. I do understand their job though, lotta liability on road and I dam sure dont wanna hurt anybody. randyp

The 285 is an ENDT-676 in those days if prior to 4/1/1980. I think it is called an ETZ-285 afterwards. It is a very good engine and can readily output 325hp reliably if not allowed to get really hot. This is the same engine the early 350 Mack's were based from with different tuning and transmissions.

Rob

The 285 has the charge air cooler mounted on left side on top of engine Rob, looks like a lot different plumbing than the 300. randyp

The 285 has the charge air cooler mounted on left side on top of engine Rob, looks like a lot different plumbing than the 300. randyp

Yes it does. In the 1981-1982 time frame they went from the engine mounted air to water charge air cooler, to the chassis mounted air to air charge air cooler. The early 350's used the air to water cooler but the core was a little different in construction. It was not quite as tall. The hood on the 1982 model years is almost 2" longer in length to offer clearance for the newer installation.

My 1980 R612ST has the ETAZ-315 with the engine mounted cooler. It is not a "Maxidyne" series engine but rather what was referred to as a 300 "Plus" engine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Congrats on the new purchase. Hope you work the hell out of the old girl. So does this mean your getting big enough to get a driver? or you retiring the other one?

Hope he needs a driver cause I'm close to retirement from this job. Can "punch out" at any time.

Rob

Yes, gonna put a driver in it for regular dirt and flexbase deliveries, whilst me and other one stay buried up to our ass in pond bacterial scum and dairy lagoon shit. I bout to start another rather lengthy fill in coupla weeks so will run them both on it. I am tempted to not work today and go get truck and tinker on it,,,but,,,financially i best get my goofy ass back to work, yall all have a safe day,,,,randyp

What rears/springs on the old dogs :bulldog3:

Hi James, They both got them silly looking humpback camelback ground hugging upside down punkin hanging 38,000 lb. earth shaking finest offroad butts ever made wouldnt have nothing else (specially air bags) spring tensioning torqued up rear ends. I dont know any ratios. I got 8 new tires on way for 80 model so i can match it up good and dont parch any peanuts. There is nothing worse than the smell of parched Mack power divider peanuts in the evening, not to mention all the herking and jerking that will precede it. Mack never runs a discount sale on power divider parts. randyp