Could it be true?

other dog

I've always been a Ford guy....got 3 Ford pickups, an old Ford tractor, and even the first semi truck I went to look at was a '97 LTL9000......

....however, I'm not thrilled with their idea that we should all be forced to drive automatics. In 2004, manual transmissions were no longer an option in the F150, and in 2011, the F250 & larger lost that option as well. You can no longer buy a brand new Ford full size truck with a manual transmission.

I've been to all of the local dealers, as well as sent an e-mail to corporate, letting them know that I've been a die-hard Ford guy for as long as I have been driving....that I could literally count the number of NON-Ford vehicles I've driven in my life on one hand.....but it would be a cold day in HELL before I buy a truck with an automatic transmission. I would rather drive a Dodge with a manual transmission than a Ford with an automatic. :angry:

...and no, Chevy isn't an option. The few Chevy's I've had experience with...while the power train was solid, the interior was utter CRAP! Shortest length of time my dad has EVER owned a vehicle was 3 years...a 1997 Chevy Express 2500....and basically as soon as the warranty was up and he had to start paying for the interior crap that kept breaking, he traded it in for another Ford.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I had one Dodge pickup, a '76 3/4 ton. Damn good truck, would haul all the firewood I could pile on it and you couldn't tell it was loaded. Didn't sag or want to swerve all over the road with that kind of load on it. It ran great, and I only paid $500 for it. Had a 360 engine that just loved gas too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Every Dodge I've ever had has served me beyond reasonable expectation. I've had six I remember that were my personal trucks since the 70's.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The emblem on a REAL truck cannot be confused with anything else! i could be wrong,but i thought dodges were mainly marketed towards women anyway?..............................Mark
I know I always was without question.

Real trucks have a bulldog on the hood.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't know of many 6.0 Ford diesl owners, or the ones with the funny gas job spark plugs out there that are too happy?............... Why does John Force run a Chrysler HEMI in his Mustang Funny car? The term Funny Car comes from Dodges AFX or Altered 65 Dodges>>>> OK you Ford an Shevy don't come a lookin for me it's all in good fun LOL

Ernie DS

I Got a buddy of mine who isa die hard Dodge man , IVE GOT 2 UNCLES & My cousins are Dodge Men . Me ive been around GMC, Chevy & Ford all my life .ALL of tell me :mack1: BUY A DODGE I TOLD EM ALL : Somthing bout the Dodge Eblem just reminds me of a womans privite parts ! My Aunts & My Cosin & Buddies Wifes & Girlfriends Go to Laughing .

IF i did Notice i said IF !! I Did I would but a Dodge truck for 1 REASON & 1 REASON ONLY !!!! THE CUMMINS MOTOR !!! If it Can Push dirt in a 850 & 1150 Case Dozer its gotta be good !!! I Just dont like the wrapping paper that Cummins is wrapped in when it comes to a pick up . Never did like the way the starters sounded on a Dodge !!!

always thought they was about to fall apart. guess it was just the way they sounded !!

Personally If :MackLogo: still had a pick up (even tho it was a rebadged Reo) id buy that over a Ford , GM Or Dodge .

Later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I don't know of many 6.0 Ford diesl owners, or the ones with the funny gas job spark plugs out there that are too happy?............... Why does John Force run a Chrysler HEMI in his Mustang Funny car? The term Funny Car comes from Dodges AFX or Altered 65 Dodges>>>> OK you Ford an Shevy don't come a lookin for me it's all in good fun LOL

Ernie DS

Yaknow why they call 'em "Mopar"?

'cuz when Chrysler started racing 'em in NASCAR, the drivers behind the wheel of 'em kept sayin' "DAMMIT, I NEED MO PAR!!!"

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yaknow why they call 'em "Mopar"?

'cuz when Chrysler started racing 'em in NASCAR, the drivers behind the wheel of 'em kept sayin' "DAMMIT, I NEED MO PAR!!!"

Must be why NASCAR kept changing the rules penalizing Chrysler; remember the 426 Hemi engine, winged cars, extended front air foils, restrictor plates, etc? All subject to rules altering to kill advantages gained through proper engineering and testing.

That all started against Chrysler engineering to level the playing field allowing the others to "keep up".

None of this is bias or fallicy. It is true.

Rob

Must be why NASCAR kept changing the rules penalizing Chrysler; remember the 426 Hemi engine, winged cars, extended front air foils, restrictor plates, etc? All subject to rules altering to kill advantages gained through proper engineering and testing.

That all started against Chrysler engineering to level the playing field allowing the others to "keep up".

None of this is bias or fallicy. It is true.

Rob

Wasnt the Plymouth Superbird banned from Nascar? I have heard that rumor for years just dont know if its true.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Wasnt the Plymouth Superbird banned from Nascar? I have heard that rumor for years just dont know if its true.

Yes, the Superbird, the Daytona Charger, the Ford Talledaga were all banned to keep track speeds from exceeding 200mph.

Rob

Yes, the Superbird, the Daytona Charger, the Ford Talledaga were all banned to keep track speeds from exceeding 200mph.

Rob

Rob,

Did not Ford- Fixed Or Repaired Daily make a big stink about the Daytona because thay said they were to fast, even before the Talledaga came out?? cause after the Talledaga they still couldn't catch the Daytona's...... Let's not forget the S/S Dodge & Plymouth 426 Stage III Wedge Motor (one of my favorites) with aluminum front ends and trunk lid an bumpers plus radio delete plexi side windows, no window gear (they used seat belts under the plexie-glass to lift the window and hook it to a fastener on the door) they were and still are the king of the 1/4 mile 11.5 factory cars in 1962 and how about the Hurst Cuda's..... You Shevy an Ford guys just can't touch us MO-tor PA-rts guys

Ernie DS