Could it be true?

other dog

The Ford "Talladega", although a good platform was an attempt to "catch up" late in the game, as was the "Boss 429" engine. Both Ford, and General Motors nagged and complained though the 1960's about "unfair" advantage Chrysler displayed in most phases of auto racing in those days. In my opinion this was solely achieved through sound engineering and testing in both real world existence, and the various racing programs.

To this day the most powerful engines still use the hemispherical combustion chamber design as there simply is no better, or less restrictive design to move air through an engine. This design although not the Chrysler Corporations own, but was highly developed, refined, and exploited by them starting in the late 1940's through the end of the 1980's. Of course this basic design has paved the way for the small engines of today having the capability of producing horsepower unheard of 30 years ago.

I remember the lightweight, and altered cars of the 1960's well. Most of these "radical" designs were of the Chrysler Corporation racing programs which at the time had considerable assets available to them. They also had the desire to win without corporate politics involved.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

Did not Ford- Fixed Or Repaired Daily make a big stink about the Daytona because thay said they were to fast, even before the Talledaga came out?? cause after the Talledaga they still couldn't catch the Daytona's...... Let's not forget the S/S Dodge & Plymouth 426 Stage III Wedge Motor (one of my favorites) with aluminum front ends and trunk lid an bumpers plus radio delete plexi side windows, no window gear (they used seat belts under the plexie-glass to lift the window and hook it to a fastener on the door) they were and still are the king of the 1/4 mile 11.5 factory cars in 1962 and how about the Hurst Cuda's..... You Shevy an Ford guys just can't touch us MO-tor PA-rts guys

Ernie DS

A-hemmm...maybe in '62, but by 1970 there was a new king of the road, eh?

post-1374-0-30132400-1326027965_thumb.jppost-1374-0-57057200-1326028656_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I had me one them there Tom, back then. It was a road eating chick magnet. i drove it several years and wound up trading it for a Ford pulpwood truck and an old pickup,,,traded even. I have done some really stupid shit in my time, that prolly took the cake on stupid shit. I did make more money with the pulpwood truck, but never found any chicks who wanted to ride in truck. randyp

Then came another one in 71, fastest street legal production car (factory stock) ever! dont get me wrong i am a muscle car man from day one,and see some good i like in all makes and models,but back when (when they had their shit together) GM was king of the hill at the time!........................Mark

post-5836-0-39021800-1326029779.jpg

post-5836-0-69273500-1326029807.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Then came another one in 71, fastest street legal production car (factory stock) ever! dont get me wrong i am a muscle car man from day one,and see some good i like in all makes and models,but back when (when they had their shit together) GM was king of the hill at the time!........................Mark

WOW, almost forgot about those!! stage1-455's.....Was it in 1977 that Dodge had the fastest production veh.?? The Little Red Express Truck??

Ernie DS

The best thing that GM or Chrysler Corp. had going for them at the time was the fact that neither one had Robert McNamara. As for Nascar Racing then, King Richard never used all he had available, just enough to win. As for Nascar, in general it is just like Wrestling, they know who is going to win before they start. Nascar is Drama, just like Jr. said it was.

I had me one them there Tom, back then. It was a road eating chick magnet. i drove it several years and wound up trading it for a Ford pulpwood truck and an old pickup,,,traded even. I have done some really stupid shit in my time, that prolly took the cake on stupid shit. I did make more money with the pulpwood truck, but never found any chicks who wanted to ride in truck. randyp

I had a '70 Chevelle SS myself, but it was a 396- 350 (402) not a 454. It did have headers, Crane cam, tarantula intake, 780 Holley, electric fuel pump, all the usual hot rod goodys. Sold it when I got married the first time, 1977.

I had a '70 Chevelle SS myself, but it was a 396- 350 (402) not a 454. It did have headers, Crane cam, tarantula intake, 780 Holley, electric fuel pump, all the usual hot rod goodys. Sold it when I got married the first time, 1977.

We all know about hindsight,but that car is worth a SHITPOT of money now! i had a similar 67 pontiac tempest,with all the goodies,GTO front clip/engine trans. traded it in on my pickup,i think they gave me $700.00 and it was in perfect condition!...............................Mark

Of all the "muscle cars" I've owned through the years, my Barracuda always was, and still is my favorite. One of these days I'll summon up the motivation to get working on it again.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We could argue all day about manufatures building one off's designed strictly for the track and making the minumum number of cars to abide by the rules....but if you wanna talk about NASCAR, which manufacturer won 90% of the last ten manufacturer cups? How about 14 out of the last 20 years? How about 23 out of the last 30?

Plus, if you know your history, the first Dodge Daytona that won ('69 Talledega race), won in a race where the top 30 drivers (including Petty) walked out and did not compete!

i guess that explains why i like both dodge and women but the funny thing is i cant really aford either one any one want a nagging and whining woman ill send her to you.

Mine is large enough it would take three of the "poster babes" here on this site to replace her.

However, she don't bitch too much unless I buy another truck.

Rob

Well , my 2 cents on this subject. my hood ornant of choice is a bulldog :bulldog3: , i have a 69 mack and a 79 freightliner , both built back when american workers took pride in there work ! Now it's just get it out the door and grad a paycheck and go. Whats wrong with this country, when are we going to wake up! Ok i vented , now on the muscle car subject. I have a 2010 dodge challenger , (american muscle car) made in canada , ha ha hapost-5686-0-31605000-1326037176_thumb.jppost-5686-0-31605000-1326037176_thumb.jp

• Like 1

In my opinion, that new Challenger is a Bad Mutha! I love the look and think the factory did a great job modernizing withiout losing the origianl look!

I gotta agree with that! never been a mopar man,but i'd buy one of these in a heartbeat! the "new" Camaro is frickin' hideous! not crazy about the current Mustangs either.............Mark

We all know about hindsight,but that car is worth a SHITPOT of money now! i had a similar 67 pontiac tempest,with all the goodies,GTO front clip/engine trans. traded it in on my pickup,i think they gave me $700.00 and it was in perfect condition!...............................Mark

I saw a 70 LS6 Chevelle for sale when I was looking for that picture- $39,900. The 66 and 67 GTOs and Tempests are one of my all time favorites when it comes to good looking cars.

I found a 70 SS 396 in the "weeds" when i went to my cousins 4th of july party up around drakes branch this past summer,no engine,trans. (4 speed) or rear etc. needed everything! i left my number with the people that answered the door,when they called me back a few days later the price was 20K! (i passed)........................Mark

my dragster is chevy powered (350+.60) and it does good but if i could afford it i would build a dodge engine for it. and for the new cars the challenger is by far the best looking of the three and the mustang next and last and least the camaro its just butt ugly.

The only way I'd drive a challenger is if it were retagged with charger badges, painted orange, with a flag on the roof and a big "01" on the doors.

Don't know why the charger is a 4 door....just wouldn't look right driving around a 4-door modern day General Lee.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The only way I'd drive a challenger is if it were retagged with charger badges, painted orange, with a flag on the roof and a big "01" on the doors.

Don't know why the charger is a 4 door....just wouldn't look right driving around a 4-door modern day General Lee.

You just want to get in them Daisy Dukes

post-4436-0-72322100-1326060390.jpg

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

A-hemmm...maybe in '62, but by 1970 there was a new king of the road, eh?

post-1374-0-30132400-1326027965_thumb.jppost-1374-0-57057200-1326028656_thumb.jp

I beleive 1970 was the rebirth of the Barracuda 'CUDA' as in HEMI CUDA and HEMI CHALLENGER and also the 6-PACK 440 cars A-hemmmm

LOL Ernie DS........ PS I think the only one that went head to head with the HEMI CUDA was in fact the Buick Stage 1- 455 Grand Sport, I must say that I would not pass up one of those 70 Chevelles if I came across one at the right price! They were cool lookin cars!!