Oil pressure too high?

Underdog

I never had a V-8 so can't comment on that engine but I once had 237 Mack engine with those same numbers as far as oil pressure and was told by a few knowledgeable people that there was some kind of adjustment or relief valve on the oil pump or maybe it was on the engine it's self, but was told to leave it be,never had a problem and the engine always ran great..

Morning Gregg

Your fine on oil psi.....You have been in that E-Tech to long with 19 psi idle to remember.

If I remember 25 psi min hot idle and 90 to 100 full rpm according to Mack .

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Hi, the oil pressure is up there on the V8s. I just killed an 866 cause oil pressure was 10 at idle and up around the 30s on the move. not any where near where it should be. as mackcl96 said is about what it should be. the only thing that adjust oil pressure down stairs is an spring a bit over 4inchs long, its obviously working fine, mine came out in a million bits.

I would do an oil change on it tho and then you as the new owner 100% know what oil is in it.

goodluck with it, hopefully you dont have the same issues I have.

Grant

I appreciate all the feedback everyone. I just got this truck two weeks ago and putting it right to work. I changed oil & filters and fixed a few oil leaks on the engine but it seems OK otherwise. I don't have any maintenance history on this truck and I just want to make sure I am starting out in good order. I can't wait to hook a load behind... This beast seems like it wants to PULL. Jim I think you are right I've been in that E-Tech too long I forgot what power feels like !

Gregg

I appreciate all the feedback everyone. I just got this truck two weeks ago and putting it right to work. I changed oil & filters and fixed a few oil leaks on the engine but it seems OK otherwise. I don't have any maintenance history on this truck and I just want to make sure I am starting out in good order. I can't wait to hook a load behind... This beast seems like it wants to PULL. Jim I think you are right I've been in that E-Tech too long I forgot what power feels like !

Gregg

hows that cabover engine coming along??? bob

Usually that means too much oil in the system, or that the coolant level is too low.

Thinking this poster is a spammer but no proof yet.

I'm on it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

hows that cabover engine coming along??? bob

Thanks for asking, Bob. I am basically going from the ground up with another block, crank, & heads. Updating to the larger bearings and 20-bolt heads. All this in my spare time between getting the Superliner ready to go and recovering the Vision.

Gregg

• 5 weeks later...

makes perfect sense to me- if your oil pressure is too high, just add some antifreeze, whether it needs it or not.

.....and they better drain the excess oil out of the transmission too!!!!! lol. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I was at the yard last night BSing with the mechanics & other drivers....company truck pulled in over the pit last night at the shop. I knew the driver, so I told the mechanic he wanted the oil drained to lighten up his tare weight.... :loldude:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

How R U getting along with the Superliner???

Thanks for asking. I have not been too active on the forums since the Superliner is keeping me quite occupied. Nothing serious, just lots to do on a 28 year old truck, and trying to work it at the same time. But we do go out make some money and come back home every week so I would say we are getting along just fine. Quite comfortable to drive despite the lack of air ride. The biggest adjustment has been the small bunk and limited storage space. Lots of thumbs up everywhere I go makes me proud to finally own & drive a Superliner.

Gregg

Thanks for asking. I have not been too active on the forums since the Superliner is keeping me quite occupied. Nothing serious, just lots to do on a 28 year old truck, and trying to work it at the same time. But we do go out make some money and come back home every week so I would say we are getting along just fine. Quite comfortable to drive despite the lack of air ride. The biggest adjustment has been the small bunk and limited storage space. Lots of thumbs up everywhere I go makes me proud to finally own & drive a Superliner.

Gregg

I was worried a little ,,,,,,,you been quiet since you got it

Was hoping it wasn't giving you big headaches

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I was worried a little ,,,,,,,you been quiet since you got it

Was hoping it wasn't giving you big headaches

Just lots of little things...I have been taking advantage of our fair weather, out in the driveway dawn to dusk most days when I am home. I don't think this truck has been run much lately. And I do have to question what type of repair & maintenance has been done over the years. Sometimes I think neglect would be a better option than some of the half-assed s#!@ repairs I have come across. Oh well, basically a solid truck, I don't regret the purchase, and she's in better hands now up & running most days.

Gregg