• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ya know for a price we could get together and have a run of key blanks made, I have used the same Mack blanks for every truck I have ever had R's, CH's and Granite's if there is a different key blank I havent run into it yet. Oh and I would buy 10 or so to hang on to for projects to come I mean how expensive is a key blank? Perhaps the King of Parts that is Barry might give us some insight into this key issue?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

i think they came out with the R models. i never seen any B model with that style key.

I believe so to. I did see a B Model owner from TN. that was at a show last year that asked me if I had seen a Bull Dog key like he had. He said it came with his truck. I had not seen that key for a B Model before. So i'll stick with the original key being a Briggs & Stratton key.

mike

I talked to our long-time locksmith here in Tulsa and gave him the numbers off of the pictures of a couple of the "Bullgog" keys I cound pictures of online. He said he was 80% sure that they were the same key as the B&S, except for the logo, of course. He said he could determine for sure if he had one.

So - if anyone has one already cut, why not take it to a locksmith and see?

As for having a run made - I would tend to think that would be expensive, and that the people who now own Mack might get upset.

I talked to our long-time locksmith here in Tulsa and gave him the numbers off of the pictures of a couple of the "Bullgog" keys I cound pictures of online. He said he was 80% sure that they were the same key as the B&S, except for the logo, of course. He said he could determine for sure if he had one.

So - if anyone has one already cut, why not take it to a locksmith and see?

As for having a run made - I would tend to think that would be expensive, and that the people who now own Mack might get upset.

I kinda figured a complete run might be kind of expensive but if we got a pre order up it might lower the cost substantially and we could talk with the people at the Mack museum and with Barry at Watts to see about the trademark liscensing. And you never know Mack might make another run on their own if there was enough interest it is a company that loves its heritage, were not talking about sterling here Mack already sells retro merchandise thru the Mack shop and I doubt that is the old run from the 80's they are selling now. Oh and Barry I still want those 5 color mudflaps! or just the old style you guys have been out of stock on for the last few months online.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I know the blanks are really hard to find. A locksmith can "re-key" your old ignition & lock tumblers to fit a used Mack key.Tom Bronge had it done for his B-815,"Big Iron".Might be another way to use the old MACK bulldog keys.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 9 years later...
On 11/17/2012 at 9:44 PM, jaysm35a2 said:

I got a set of blanks on Ebay last year for about 25 bucks, maybe there was one other bidder but I guess noone saw them like us guys here.

I got two sets from Ebay and took lock expert help to cut and program it as they offer the best locksmith services in the city.