1983 Superliner 3500gal tanker (ex firetruck) E9-440 36K original miles!

E9V8

You guys that know fire apparatus and ancillary equipment;

What do you think I could get out of everything but the basic truck? I've wanted an early Superliner for a long time. A 440 V8 Superliner has room in my shop and the doghouse is currently empty.........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

There was a place locally here that did fire truck refurbs, Northeaset Fire Apparatus in Landisville, Pa, the phone number I have is 717-898-1330. I used to have some dealings with them when i worked for Mack, don't know if they're still doing business or not. Might be worth a call.

Dave

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Rob,

There was a place locally here that did fire truck refurbs, Northeaset Fire Apparatus in Landisville, Pa, the phone number I have is 717-898-1330. I used to have some dealings with them when i worked for Mack, don't know if they're still doing business or not. Might be worth a call.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll give them a call. I can't get along with the local fire dept around here, (they don't like to pay their bills) so nobody local to ask. That certainly looks like a well cared for truck.

Just think, If I had that I'd fit in the lineup at Gerhart's, and the one I'm accustomed to also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You guys that know fire apparatus and ancillary equipment;

What do you think I could get out of everything but the basic truck? I've wanted an early Superliner for a long time. A 440 V8 Superliner has room in my shop and the doghouse is currently empty.........

Rob

Rob - there is a guy north of you just over the Wisconsin border that I bought a ex-fire truck Mack engine from, that deals in used fire truck goodies. I will see if I can find his number - I was really surprised what he gets out of little pieces of special trim and what-not. He buys them and drives them home and then sells them the Johnny Cash way, one piece at a time.

Little devil whispering in your ear says:Trust me - just go ahead and buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Old, and even this new, apparatus doesn't command much money. Don't know why, but the used stuff just doesn't seem to go for a lot. Most FD's that could afford to pay what its worth will buy new. Given that the tank is stainless you would probably make more at the scrap yard.

My bet is they don't get one bid at the 25K minimum they are asking. But, if I had 25k burning a hole in my pocket and a strong need for a divorce, I'd sure love to have it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

I did not bid on the truck as I couldn't get what I considered a "fair" price for the fire fighting apparatus to justify the expenditure to retain the truck. The city of Peoria, Il told me they could not purchase used equipment by some statute. However, there were many smaller departments that would have been happy to receive it as a "donation".

Sorry I didn't answer your PM, it was a busy night.

Rob

Rob, fire apparatus is not worth much at all, the truck is a beauty...but to pull the tank and pump gear with intent on resale is tough. I'm a Clark County Firefighter and I have seen tenders going at auction for pennys on the dollar, if your lucky to have an in and put a sealed bid I've seen MINT R-models going for 2500 bucks and sometimes less. Would be better off selling the tank and pump to someone who is building a ranch wildland truck or something like that, or buy a cheap 2 1/2 ton military truck and re mount the apparatus...then I'm sure you would do good selling a running driving truck to a ranch. But to sell used apparatus not mounted...thats tough in my opinion

• 4 years later...