Merry Christmas

navypoppop

2 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Wish I could buy a farm down in Australia, then I could farm all year long and not have to deal with the cold!

Merry Christmas!

Paul can probably confirm / expand on this.. The northern 2/3rds of the continent winter is never that cold?? 30*F +/- 10*F (American temp).. BUT farming in Australia takes Acres and acres of land!!!!!! The cattle station (Ranch) we visited west of Ayers Rock had over a million acres to run 4000 head of beef..

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

Most of Australia is dry, very very dry, I have been told that if we took all the rain fall from across Australia and averaged it out across Australia the average rain fall would be about 4 inches

I have also been told that there are cattle stations bigger than entire countries in Europe and the biggest land owners in Australia had cattle stations that combined more land area than the state of Texas

The east coast and only a few hundred mile inland are were most people live, 98% of people or more

The grain belt in Australia is dry, maybe 12 - 14 inches of annual rainfall 

And despite what we say in Australia, our climate is very mild  by world standards

Maybe minus 3 or 4 C to plus 45 C 

There are spots that are colder, but not much colder on main land Australia 

I have farmed were it's been 116 in the shade for weeks on end, that is horrible and quite tiring after a couple of weeks 

When we grew sugar cane in north QLD it never got cold 24C in winter and 34C in summer, no 4 seasons, just a wet season and a dry season 

Anyway you blokes don't wanna hear this rubbish from me, is it a white Christmas in the state's?

Thinking it must be for Vlad, well and truely white and very cold for him

Paul

• Thanks 1

Well this just came up on Facelessbook memories 

6 years ago today, getting ready to head out again, boxing day in Australia, dunno if the rest of the world has boxing day or not, 26th December 

FB_IMG_1703534590428.thumb.jpg.24525f00ef35f7c630a00388acfacf94.jpg

She's a good old girl, the Princess isn't bad either ha ha ha 

Im a bit soft, got a step ladder in the back ground for getting on and off the trailer ha ha

Paul 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well this just came up on Facelessbook memories 

6 years ago today, getting ready to head out again, boxing day in Australia, dunno if the rest of the world has boxing day or not, 26th December 

FB_IMG_1703534590428.thumb.jpg.24525f00ef35f7c630a00388acfacf94.jpg

She's a good old girl, the Princess isn't bad either ha ha ha 

Im a bit soft, got a step ladder in the back ground for getting on and off the trailer ha ha

Paul 

"Boxing Day" around here is the day after Thanksgiving, celebrated primarily at the Walmart, shopping malls, etc...

😂

• Haha 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Paul, nothing coming from you is rubbish.  Unless it is politics  all politics talk is rubbish. 😁

Same here bud,,,,,, you are always very interesting never forget your entire roof replacement you shared with us video taped every minute of it … you are the best… bob

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:08 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Yes mate

78 mm (3 1/4inches) of rain on Christmas day, thats over a 1/4 of our annual rainfall in a few hours

No power from 6am until 4pm, and no complaints from me as I didn't have to work at all except cook the roast in the BBQ, unlike the blokes fixing the power and attending to all the calls for help from flooding 

It was a good day for me, Princess doesn't know it and my son doesn't know it either but the Princess and I are jumping on the kero kite to go and surprise the boy for his birthday as he lives at the other end of this wide brown land 

His birthday is on the 28th December and he couldn't make it here for Christmas 

I'm looking forward to seeing the boy, we haven't seen him in 12 months

Hope everyone has had a great day with family and friends 

Paul

Well drove that right off into the side cut

Got bloody covid for Christmas, virgin run at it, so cancelled the tickets, the accommodation and feel like I have a hang over from a massive bender

It feels like all the bones I have busted are busted again and there's a ringing in my ears from rock concert I didn't attend 

Good news is the bones aren't busted and hopefully the hangover will cure itself in time

And the ringing in the ears drowns out the Princess 

So all in all it is a shit show but theres some positives to be had

Hope everyone had a great Christmas 

Paul

• Like 1