Nothing is ever easy it seems.

I’m only around 15 minutes but once I go out and come back then I don’t feel like doing anything else. I’m not sure whether I has anything to do with 48 years of truck driving like that little  errand just knocked me out for the rest of the day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

That’s my whole life Bubba everything I put my hands on takes way longer than I figured

did front brakes on daughters 20?? Subaru Saturday am  first wheel 1hr and 25 mins!!! take in to consideration a lot of that time was getting things set up =jack, tools etc,  could NOT remove the rotor !!! I know they just slide off- oh no.  brass hammer , beat thrash ; nothing. two puller hole on rotor =metric thread ;;; do I have metric bolts ;; of course some where . found two that fit . didn't even put torque on them rotor popped off. Why you ask??? because the loser award goes to; darn its him again LOL. second wheel start to finish 20 minutes == using the two puller hole in rotor.  then she says "oh the front tire is low on air ": how do you know i ask --cause the little light is on the dash.. didn't ask for how long has it been on , and she's the more mechanical one . 33 yrs old, 

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I’m only around 15 minutes but once I go out and come back then I don’t feel like doing anything else. I’m not sure whether I has anything to do with 48 years of truck driving like that little  errand just knocked me out for the rest of the day

wait till you get old '' it gets way fu-- in worse ambition goes out the window faster then you can fart; which by the way is another one of those old age benefits.  ass ole speaks when ever it wants to. 😱

My father-in-law told me a long time ago. Yeah, boy you start getting a little older you could never trust a fart and yes, as far as rotors I was going to say a lot of vehicles are coming through nowadays where you don’t have to mess with the bearings anymore which makes it a lot easier and cleaner. 

add to low ambition level the temperature outside. right now in CT it's 20's going up to low 40's today. don't understand why when I look out the window the leaves are still on the ground! don't they know its time to LEAVE..LOL  wait for me at 30 degrees and they will still be there in the spring, so cold now the small pond in back is froze over and not one duck this am. usually there is 30-50. looks to be an inside project day , which I can't stand. the snacks are too tempting. 

• Like 2

I'm only 57.  40 didn't bother me, 50, 55 didn't bother me.  This one did for some reason.  I suppose work the last few years has beaten me up pretty bad and I'm in the Fuq it mode now?  I have been relieved of my boss duties so things are a bit easier on me.  Sleeping better, feeling better.  Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

motivation for the senior group proves more difficult by the day (hr). need something at the store I say =screw it , it can wait  don't want to get behind the wheel of a vehicle any more around here. ;; take your life in your hands .  had to work off the two doughnuts I ate , got the zero-turn out and did the leaves. also some  yard work. knees are letting me know now how big an ass I am. had intention of going to an auction close by tonight= no way couldn't stand that long or had energy to clean up first. have to wonder what the next generation is going to do if they make it to senior yrs since they don't have ambition to do anything NOW>

• Like 2

A piece of paper with a list of small achievable tasks does a lot to get you out the door and moving.  Evening before, write down a few doable tasks, cross out as you go. Next evening add a few more to the list for the next day. What ever you don't get done is carried over to the next day.

Edited by JoeH
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

A piece of paper with a list of small achievable tasks does a lot to get you out the door and moving.  Evening before, write down a few doable tasks, cross out as you go. Next evening add a few more to the list for the next day. 

sounds like a great Idea EXCEPT  when the senior part kicks in  you find yourself with a slight dilemma :: 1= (next morning) what am I looking for ??😕 2= why am I looking for something 😂LMAO

• Like 1

JoeH,   I have been keeping a list for decades...  It work's,!!! I get stuff done, and transfer the incomplete to-dos to the next days list..  My wife gives me crap about it, but I get more done than she realizes, or even cares about..  ..  I'm a list guy....  Jojo

• Like 2

i am not quite as old as a few of you, but close at 67. i was fine until i had my left knee replaced 8 years ago. it was after that i realized i can not get up from the ground without some type of assistance...like a truck bumper to pull myself up with. 

than after having the right shoulder rebuilt 6 years ago after snapping the tendon that runs across the top of it i am extremely limited as to what i can do. my hips and right knee are shot too, but i am afraid to get them replaced as each surgery causes more limitations on movement. 

so limited in fact i now need handicap plates on the car as i can only walk around 150 feet or stand around 15-25 minutes before having to  sit down for 10-15 minutes or so.

plus the arthritis in all joints makes pulling wrenches hard any more. 

i have the willingness to get out there and do things, but once i try my body says no you dont!!!

• Sad 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..