Nothing is ever easy it seems.

22 hours ago, tjc transport said:

same here Larry. 

by the time i get the old body ready to go out and do anything,  i have to sit down. than once down find it very hard to get back up. 

wish I found it hard  after sitting  down. 😱🤣😂 sorry couldn't' help myself (again) LOL

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Mean Green said:

How did the extra gauges turn out would like to see some pics I just cut a hole in my dash and got rid of the lighter and added a pryo gauge and yes one small project is never small lol

Haven't done it yet. Might be awhile as I don't have the correct hole saw yet and have other things on the go as well. I did make the plug for the lighter hole, just have to weld it in. 

Well, the gauges are 2 1/16" so I bought a 2-1/16" hole saw last time I went to town. Tried it on a piece of scrap and a gauge "fits" but is quite snug, have to use a fair bit of force to get it on there all the way (then had a bear of a time getting it back off) and the saw itself was quite sloppy in the original gauge holes. So, next week when I go to town (to pick up the drive shaft) I will get a 2-1/8" hole saw and that should work perfect. I would much prefer an annular bit but one of those in  2-1/8" would be $$$$$$$ just to make a couple holes so........that's a hard "NOPE". The brand new Milwaukie 2-1/16 saw made a perfect hole when used in the mill and everything clamped down well and run slow so I now feel confident that the 2-1/8" hole saw will be the ticket, just need to get to town to get one. 

P.S. I SHOULD be able to finish the welding on the cab today, just have to weld in the driver side front 1/4 and change out the rockers so then I can wheel the welder back to the bench and weld up the unwanted holes in the cluster panel. I HAVE to get the cab done as my son called and he needs the lift to do the brakes on his wife's buggy and my oldest daughter needs her winter tires put on and I am too old (and lazy) to do that sort of thing on the floor any more. 

Edited by Licensed to kill
  • Like 1