Bidenomics

RowdyRebel

People so broke these days they can't even pay attention.🤦‍♂️

Making my way home tonight going through town on the Harley in the left lane when the SUV in front of me puts his right turn signal on and starts moving into the right lane. Problem was, there was a bmw occupying that lane. Crunch. Bmw stops. Red car next to me slams on the brakes way too late (I was already almost stopped in the far left side of my lane) and starts to swerve into my lane ahead of me before remembering there had been a motorcycle next to her (I wasn't anymore because I saw the incident developing and had already reacted) and jerking the wheel back into her lane...right into the back of the bmw. SUV had pulled into the right lane ahead of all of the carnage to stop, which opened the road up ahead of me. Let out the clutch and roll on. Sad state of affairs when a 3-car wreck happens right in front & beside me and it doesn't even elevate my heart rate. Guess I've spent enough time on the road I'm more surprised when someone else IS paying attention than when they aren't...pretty much expect them not to be.

• Thanks 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Buddy,, I know what you mean..  I'm glad you were looking up ahead, and all around you...  unlike 1/2 the drivers of today.   I have considered selling my Softail Duece, because of this issue.. Last Saturday my wife and I put 170 miles on her Tri-Glide.  I don't ride anywhere near as much as I used too. I was very aware of my surroundings..  

• Like 1

I quit riding a) because I've got little kids now,and b) driving trucks all day I have a great view of everyone else on the road. Everyone is texting. Grandma, grandpa, kids, etc.  I always tell motorcyclists and people interested in getting into riding that if anything happens, regardless of whose fault: it's the motorcyclists fault. Because the motorcyclist is always the one who loses.

• Like 2

Best piece of advice I received when I was just starting out on two wheels was this:

Ride like you're invisible. Pretend nobody else can see you, because they probably won't. If they do, it'll be a pleasant surprise...but when they don't, you'll already have a plan and be executing it.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I quit riding a) because I've got little kids now,and b) driving trucks all day I have a great view of everyone else on the road. Everyone is texting. Grandma, grandpa, kids, etc.  I always tell motorcyclists and people interested in getting into riding that if anything happens, regardless of whose fault: it's the motorcyclists fault. Because the motorcyclist is always the one who loses.

My kids just turned 3 & 6 last month...so yeah, I understand why some would give it up for that reason. I probably put 2500 miles per month on 2 wheels riding to work every day from February last year when gas got stupid through November when I finally got around to replacing the heads on my Ranger that had overheated in December the year before. Saved $150/week in fuel vs driving the Suburban. It's only $25/week cheaper on fuel than the Ranger, but tires need replacing every other month vs every other year...so the cost-per-mile is actually lower to drive the Ranger than the motorcycles. Ranger transmission has been getting a bit noisy with gear whine, so I've been riding if rain isn't in the forecast while my buddy who's good at tearing apart & rebuilding transmissions is out of town. This one has only been in there about 3 years, but was used & I don't know its history. I've got the one I pulled out then when it let go after years of abuse flat-towing it around in neutral without dropping the driveshaft. Need to get it rebuilt so it's ready to go in when this one cries uncle. Good thing about the swap this time is that I won't be on my back in the driveway doing the work outside in the weather. He's got his shop built with lifts and everything...gonna be warm, dry, and comfortable this time around.

• Like 1

last time i rode a drunk crossed over into my lane, forcing me off road. i just barely missed a BIG oak tree. 

i had been in 4 other accidents on bikes before that, all my fault. and a bunch of close calls that were not my fault. 

after that  off-road adventure, i went straight home and sold the bike. ...never been on one since. 

that was 45 years ago. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ya, I tell everyone that riding a motorcycle is NOT relaxing.  You have to THINK for everyone on the road because THEY don't.  It's getting worse every day.  I still ride, but not like I used to.  Had thoughts of just selling it but haven't got that desperate yet.

I don't tell the g/f how many times I've had to save my own life due to stupidity on the road. 

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

17 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Bidenomics???   Is how to rape the working class, in order to provide freebie's for the non-working Low Class..

Yes, I love taking care of my two idiot neighbors both on government assistance tired of looking at them, eating steak and smoking cigarettes. Oh on the Public’s  dime.

• Sad 1

I enjoy riding, but seem to be much more cautious now than ever, plus I dont ride enough to keep my skills fresh.  I love riding my Sportster..  It's fun and agile. I actually feel safer on it than my Softtail....

Sorry lads, motor bikes only have to go fast enough to out run a cow 

As for riding on a road, it has never interested me at all, which is just as well from what I read here 

Rowdy Rebel sounds like you need a Tesla, cheap to drive and no transmission woes or heads to bugger up

I often come across woman talking about horse riding and what they reckon is law on motor vehicle edicate 

My thoughts are probably just as relevant for riding a horse on a road as for riding a motorcycle on a road, "the law isnt really important if your dead or worse still"

Happy days everyone, stay safe out there 

Paul

Tesla wouldn't work for me. I won't own or drive anything that has the ability to take over control of the driving. I don't even like automatic transmissions, let alone all of this other crap they're building into cars these days. I prefer physical switches and mechanical linkages...not this push-button fly-by-wire crap where everything runs through the computer, which is now "connected" and therefore hackable. If SHTF while I'm driving, I don't need the car trying to override what I'm trying to do...which is why everything I own is 20+ years old. Nothing built in the last 15-20 years even remotely interests me.

Besides, you can't stack 89 bales of hay on a Tesla. I've done that with my Ranger.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Rowdy......   I think we are brothers from other Mother's. !!!   My everyday driver is homemade from several trucks..  Yeah sometimes I have to change the combination on it to get it to run better, but for what I do and my needs when I need a workhorse..  I got one..  

KIMG0737.JPG

KIMG1896.JPG

• Like 1

I take that back...there is ONE truck builder manufacturing electric trucks that I'd be interested in...Edison Motors. They take old iron and rebuild them from the ground up with electric axles, battery packs, and a diesel generator under the hood. Basically, they're converting old trucks into diesel-electric trucks using the same technology as the trains have been using for 100 or so years. Plug them in when you can, use the existing fuel network to power the generator when you can't plug in. I've often wondered why nobody was doing this...and now somebody is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

Tesla wouldn't work for me. I won't own or drive anything that has the ability to take over control of the driving. I don't even like automatic transmissions, let alone all of this other crap they're building into cars these days. I prefer physical switches and mechanical linkages...not this push-button fly-by-wire crap where everything runs through the computer, which is now "connected" and therefore hackable. If SHTF while I'm driving, I don't need the car trying to override what I'm trying to do...which is why everything I own is 20+ years old. Nothing built in the last 15-20 years even remotely interests me.

Besides, you can't stack 89 bales of hay on a Tesla. I've done that with my Ranger.

Rowdy you seem to know a lot about these Tesla's 

I remember way back in last century when in high school, when a young bloke had the hots for bird and his mates twigged he would deny it vigorously, in fact he would not have anything nice at all to say about this bird he was in love with

Makes me wonder about people that can Tesla's 

Don't worry I'm only stirring lol, Im not overly fond of things that drive themselves either

Paul

I believe that electric cars would be good for city folks.  It would certainly clean the air that settles in the streets.  But for me and many others who use vehicles for work,  I say,,,  Heck No!!  I wish the Gov. Would stop jamming junk down my/ our throat(s)...  

• Like 1

my brother has an electric mustang. it took him 3 days to drive from union nj to charlstown sc.

750 miles roughly. had to stop three times to charge as he only gets around 275 miles per charge. 

when he worked in trenton he could just barely get there and back home. 

going to atlantic city was a two day trip, he had to stay overnight to recharge the car.

not my cup of tea. i want to be able to decide when to stop myself. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..