Bidenomics

RowdyRebel

13 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I love my Duece, but I would rather have the rear fender that's on yours, I like the look..  

Ya, that's why I got the Softail Custom.  I like the big tire look with the little skinny up front.  Built for a gearhead.

Friend with Deuce has been trying to figure out how to swap his swingarm(and fender) for a big one like mine.  Funny story, while at bike swap meet talking with a fellow about what he wants to do.  Guy looks at him and says "why don't you just buy the bike you want?". I had to laugh.  He wants all new tins to paint so he doesn't hurt the anniversary stripes on his. 

The Dyna has the duck bill fender, but with smaller tire.

• Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 9/26/2023 at 8:11 PM, Freightrain said:

Ya, that's why I got the Softail Custom.  I like the big tire look with the little skinny up front.  Built for a gearhead.

Friend with Deuce has been trying to figure out how to swap his swingarm(and fender) for a big one like mine.  Funny story, while at bike swap meet talking with a fellow about what he wants to do.  Guy looks at him and says "why don't you just buy the bike you want?". I had to laugh.  He wants all new tins to paint so he doesn't hurt the anniversary stripes on his. 

The Dyna has the duck bill fender, but with smaller tire.

Depending upon the state, it could be cheaper & easier to swap parts. Trading the bike for a different one has you paying taxes, tags, title, etc... all over again, and then there's the insurance to get swapped over, not to mention if it was bought used, what problems does it have? How much was it hacked up by the previous owner? If it was new, there's depreciation to consider as well.

I prefer sticking with what I have & modifying it to meet my needs. Hell, after our Colorado trip in the Suburban, I'm looking for a big block for it...either a good 454 core that I can stroke to a 496, or I see GM Performance has a 502 that's got 8.75:1 and will run the low-octane "cheap" gas...which is what I need it to run on. Got to put some weight on the front end & find a ton more torque than that little vortec 350 I put in a few years back is making. Also planning to scrap the 4L85E I swapped in a few years before that (replaced the TH400) for a manual transmission. Could buy a different tow rig...but I like this one. I built it.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I definately keep what I have, and in good repair.. My home made 1 ton does a good job for me. It has a 4-bolt 350, 4bbl..   I took the TH-350 out years ago, and put a 'granny gear' 4spd. in it..  I got a set of pedals and linkage from E-Bay. I dont take it on long trips, but when I need a work truck, I have one.. I do have a 4-bolt 400 c.i.d. in a tote, if I need to get more power.. 

Who know's???   When Bidenomics finishes killing the popularity of gas and diesel engine powered cars and trucks, the cost for parts to re-build a Small Block Chevy might come down to $200.00 again..   :) 

• Like 1

I guess Bidenomics is working...  I'm watching the Pat's/ Cowboy's game..  Ford has an ad showing the ''All Electric F-150,  back feeding the big a$$ house during an outage..  And the lights came on....   OHhhh Boy!!  lights???  Good luck turning anything else on,  and what if you have to drive your one vehicle to the store,,  then what??  I swear the people who write  Ad's,,,  have NEVER been without, and dont even know what calloused hands are..   TOO FUNNY... 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 1:53 AM, RowdyRebel said:

Depending upon the state, it could be cheaper & easier to swap parts. Trading the bike for a different one has you paying taxes, tags, title, etc... all over again, and then there's the insurance to get swapped over, not to mention if it was bought used, what problems does it have? How much was it hacked up by the previous owner? If it was new, there's depreciation to consider as well.

I prefer sticking with what I have & modifying it to meet my needs. Hell, after our Colorado trip in the Suburban, I'm looking for a big block for it...either a good 454 core that I can stroke to a 496, or I see GM Performance has a 502 that's got 8.75:1 and will run the low-octane "cheap" gas...which is what I need it to run on. Got to put some weight on the front end & find a ton more torque than that little vortec 350 I put in a few years back is making. Also planning to scrap the 4L85E I swapped in a few years before that (replaced the TH400) for a manual transmission. Could buy a different tow rig...but I like this one. I built it.

He won't part with it, but just had to laugh because the guy told him basically what I was thinking all along.

He was the fab skills to make it happen no matter what.   Just not sure if he will ever get around to it in his current lifetime.  He has too many projects now.  Thus I think it would be much easier to just buy a bike.  Even though he has 2 now that he doesn't ride.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 9/24/2023 at 10:20 AM, MACKS said:

I like to get out early Sunday mornings while there all sleeping in..

IMG_0254.jpeg

Wow, that shit is tight man just spotted this have a ball with it. I had three of them  Harley’s   1 Honda 1 Yamaha   

• Like 1