multi-vitamins

RowdyRebel

So I started taking one at the start of that stupid virus...wanted to make sure I was getting the Vitamin C, D, Zinc, etc the censored doctors were all saying was beneficial. Finding the one I've been taking is getting to be damn near impossible, and I'm noticing a trend with the other brands as well. Tablets (pills) are being replaced by gummies. I'm a grown ass adult. I don't need to be eating my vitamins in gummy form. Not only that, but the gummy version has a lower % of the RDA of pretty much everything you're taking...but costs more...for fewer doses. probably spent more in fuel trying to find the stupid things in tablet form than they cost. 6th store I went to had 1 box left. Guess I'm good for another month or two. Wonder if they'll be back in stock by then or if I'll be S-O-L...joked with the wife that I might have to start taking the "50+" version, which is still on the store shelves in pill form. Has all of the same stuff as the one I've been taking, with slightly higher doses of 2 or 3 things. She got mad & said "You're not 50 yet. You don't need those!" She thinks I should just pick a different brand, but most of the other brands have a much lower % of the stuff I wanted to be taking for a similar or higher price. Why pay more to get less? Makes no sense to me. Maybe I'll just have to go back to not taking one at all. Worked just fine for over 4 decades...but then again, I'm not getting any younger. Guess I'll figure that out later.

Need to get outside & build a railing for the new steps I just put on the deck last weekend. Wife didn't want the old one tacked back up. It was only on there because of ol' Dozer when he lost his vision I didn't want him falling off the porch, so I tacked up the old subfloor from the gooseneck (plywood, had the right dimensions & angles, looked like crap)...which has worked for several years. If it weren't for the kids or the mother-in-law, I'd just leave 'em off. Oh well...gives me something to do outside while it's 1,000,000 degrees with 99.5% humidity. Won't have tomorrow to get anything done...after church gotta hang out in town (probably wander around Rural King trying not to find anything I need) because the kids start VBS tomorrow night. Boy has really liked going the last 2 years...hope that excitement translates to actual school (he starts kindergarten next month). It'll be the girl's 1st year...finally old enough.

Anyway...got stuff to do.🤦‍♂️

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Vitamins are something I have never worried about 

I just go old school and eat plenty of fresh food and only eat home cooked meals. Seems to work okay so far

Paul 

See, that's the problem. If my wife isn't home to make dinner, and the mother-in-law has fed the kids by the time I get home from work, I'll just throw a frozen pizza in the oven. Breakfast is a few breakfast burritos nuked in the microwave on my way out the door. I don't eat well, so I decided to go ahead & make sure I was getting the vitamins & minerals my immune system (which has always been pretty strong) what it needed to combat this new bug. A multi-vitamin seemed like a reasonable solution. Now it's just starting to seem like more of a hassle.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

2 hours ago, NycHeavyIron said:

Yes, half an ounce of liver per day is all you need really (2-3 oz a week). It is harder to do because it is in all of our food but eliminate seed oils if you can (soy, canola, vegetable, sunflower, peanut oils) they stay in the body as free radicals and create massive inflammation. My dad made this switch about a year ago and his arthritis vanished. He also no longer has blood pressure issues, its pretty amazing to see.

Isn't it funny how all of these "healthy alternatives" to sugar, lard, etc..,that were pushed out and adopted into our diets proved to be worse than what we had been eating?🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have always said, that our bodies know how to digest and process, meats, dairy, and fats, as well as real sugar as opposed to fake sweeteners, I feel the same about real Salt too..  Moderation is the key. 

I remember when Olestra and Olene came out, and you couldnt melt it in a pan to fry a piece of meat with.  My question was,,, How the hell is a 98.6 degree human body going to digest and, melt away a cooking oil that wont melt in a pan on the stove..  Anyway, I like this thread, Jojo

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:15 AM, mowerman said:

Oh, by the way,  I take all kinds of vitamins morning and night

List the list!

I might be interested in the best options helping provide fixing of a fiberglass hood of an R-model. Oh, my mistake, DM is another story!

• Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012