Puff eliminator

Kash E6

I was scratching my head when I read it.. maybe it's a typo or unfinished question.. I was always taught that the black smoke is wasted fuel and horsepower coming out of the pipe..  we'll see...  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kash E6 said:

What do I do to maximize the amount of smoke that’s comes out of my truck? Take the whole puff eliminator and lines off or what?

Put a pillow in the air cleaner that would create some smoke for ya!

Used to see a lot of black smoke here until the Feds moved in. Those hefty fines took their toll. If I remember correctly, it was 3-5k for first offense, maybe more. I have CRS syndrome so I may be wrong. They fined a business not far from here 100k for modifying emissions systems.

• Like 2

Sometimes CRS is because we know SOOOO much stuff, we can't process the answer quick enough for the speedy ones that have less stuff in their brains...  Just sayin'...  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

did you like that excuse?  TJC...  actually, I think it is correct,   I work with 4 guys under the age of 30,,  They need answers right away, but dont understand the answer, then they go to the phone to get a so-so answer..  anyway,,, I think I just sidetracked this one too...  

• Like 1

If a truck Naturally smokes that's one thing but modifying a nice running diesel truck that is not a sled pulling truck etc then leave it alone and enjoy it like it was meant to be. Just sayin I own a 2001 Ford F250 Super Duty with a 7.3 PowerStroke and the only mods done to it is straight pipe from turbo back and a cold air intake k&n. Other than bigger tires and rims that's it. 

20201020_205140.jpg

20201020_205155.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

You know all these years TJ I  never knew what that was..been  hearing about them for years …. Puff limiter really don’t know what it is. Thanks for clearing that up.Bob

small cylinder with 1/4 in line ;  start of "we are going to save the environment  "craze . like all things new , problems came with them. had shims to set plunger depth. 

• Like 1