Puff eliminator

Kash E6

On 3/23/2023 at 9:54 PM, mechohaulic said:
On 3/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, Bullheaded said:

Plug the air line to it with a roofing nail, then carry cash in your pocket for when you get pulled over by the DOT. 

the roofing nail !!! now i remember . this web site is the best remedy for early mind loss.  and a good ; no A  great laugh ..... take the nail cut it short ; was a close perfect size for in the line.. 

A #6 wood screw works perfectly also. :SMOKIE-LFT:    .....Hippy

• Like 2

Disconnecting the puff limiter makes no difference to power once boost is established 

So the only difference is on initial take off, once your rolling and making boost all is good and there's only a slight puff between shifts with or without the puff limiter working 

Most times that a big difference is felt when the puff limiter is disconnected it is because it wasn't working right 

There's a lot of myths and bullshit spoken about these 

If you disconnect them all you do is wash the oil off the bores and pistons, shorten the life of your motor and upset Greta Thornburg 

If they are set up right and working correctly there is no difference at all once your moving

Also to add to the bullshit pile, these only have an effect in some gears, these arent your highway gears 

These were a well thought out bit of gear that did the job

greta-gretazilla.gif

Paul

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Disconnecting the puff limiter makes no difference to power once boost is established 

So the only difference is on initial take off, once your rolling and making boost all is good and there's only a slight puff between shifts with or without the puff limiter working 

Most times that a big difference is felt when the puff limiter is disconnected it is because it wasn't working right 

There's a lot of myths and bullshit spoken about these 

If you disconnect them all you do is wash the oil off the bores and pistons, shorten the life of your motor and upset Greta Thornburg 

If they are set up right and working correctly there is no difference at all once your moving

Also to add to the bullshit pile, these only have an effect in some gears, these arent your highway gears 

These were a well thought out bit of gear that did the job

greta-gretazilla.gif

Paul

It just gives quicker throttle response and gets it on the turbo faster. I ran an 88 R model with an E6 350, 15 speed and it was a tri-axle dup truck with tri-axle pony. We gross 140,000 here with that combo, max legal in Ontario.

With our emissions laws and testing, they had mine shimmed so bad to pass, like I said it was gutless. Big time.

But by plugging it off, and later plumbing through the air switch, it made it pull again with those weights because as soon as you got on the throttle it would get up to boost quicker.

Yes it would give a puff of black smoke, but not too bad because I didn't just mash it to the floor.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

And don't get me started on that little lunatic!!! Another example of why not all people should be allowed to reproduce.

I'm confused . Which "little lunatic" ?  you're going to need to be more specific .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tjc transport said:

her parents really should have fed her to the crocodiles when they had the chance. 

I'd like to have a little heart to heart with Greta.  Let her know how much I've spent on DEF and after treatment and how many tens of thousands of dollars  such great world saving ideas (like  the Mack AMI)   Figure it'd warm her up for when she goes to china to straighten out leg hump'n xi.  

Yeah I say that too BullHeaded.. 

yeah we are rippin this little non-binary, flesh baring being,, a new defacation hole...   

Holy SH!t...  what the hell did I just say??    

Oh NO!!!  They got into my brain......  whatever will I do??  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Yeah I say that too BullHeaded.. 

yeah we are rippin this little non-binary, flesh baring being,, a new defacation hole...   

Holy SH!t...  what the hell did I just say??    

Oh NO!!!  They got into my brain......  whatever will I do??  

Just go buy some everyday thing you need . You'll be in perfect alignment with what's in your head.  

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Yes it was MarkT..  and .... Mech..  I know,,,  I guess I am trying to avoid CRS by watching my elders, and learning from it...   :) 

I too watch the elders to try and avoid things:  the mental / physical operations change automatically. today is My Fathers birthday would have been 99; left us in "97. often wonder how the age factor would have effected him today. GOING OFF TOPIC  

• Like 1

I really want to make a joke here about 'her',, "Puffing on something" -or- probably NEVER puffing on something,, but,,,  I am in good standings with BMT bosses..  So anyway,,,           would you look at that???   Its almost my bedtime  :)

• Haha 1