What a waste in my honest opinion

Rubber Duck, looks like we're both correct. Here's the car that Bill Patch built and gave to Johnny Cash. It's a three door Cady and it's in a museum in Bon Aqua, Tn. The one above was built for a publicity tour and was destroyed at the end of the tour.

patch_onepiece_2.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, High Binder said:

Rubber Duck, looks like we're both correct. Here's the car that Bill Patch built and gave to Johnny Cash. It's a three door Cady and it's in a museum in Bon Aqua, Tn. The one above was built for a publicity tour and was destroyed at the end of the tour.

patch_onepiece_2.jpg

I couldn't remember exactly who built it I remember my Grandpa and his Best Friend Opry singer Charlie Louvin talking about it. 

I don't think 2 strokes are the second coming. But I grew up hearing about the 318 or 8v71 from Grandpa as he drove a GMC cabover with one in it for Schwerman trucking back when they had a terminal here in Lima,Ohio. I'm kinda fond of them and do like the way they sound that and the old Cummins  as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

In the interest of pissing off those out there that swear two stroke mechanical assholes are the second coming of Christ- I absolutely, completely, wholly and totally endorse the blowing up of anything painted alpine green. The only good Detroit is one with a hole through the side of the block. 

As for the rat rod- it's his money, he can do what he wants with it. If guys didn't want that done to old trucks, they should have gotten their wallets out when it was for sale. 

Also I didn't see it up forsale before it got hacked into a Ratrod. To each there own. 

4 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

In the interest of pissing off those out there that swear two stroke mechanical assholes are the second coming of Christ- I absolutely, completely, wholly and totally endorse the blowing up of anything painted alpine green. The only good Detroit is one with a hole through the side of the block. 

As for the rat rod- it's his money, he can do what he wants with it. If guys didn't want that done to old trucks, they should have gotten their wallets out when it was for sale. 

Amen! Always lots of crying about what others do with their money/property. Especially junk nobody else wanted or was willing to pay up for. That’s why I love KT3406E on YouTube. He gets paid alot of money to eliminate those engines one by one from this earth and piss people off at the same time. He’s said those engines/trucks are worth more in scrap than anyone was willing to pay for it. On the other hand he’s an extremely knowledgable engine builder. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling

as is written: opinions are like ass--oles = everyone has one, from my mechanical aspect: I started on Macks , when changing to Baskin  which ran 318/350 DD it was going from one learning class to another. knew nothing of DD . fortunately the mechanic at Baskin was one of the best teachers. after yrs of trial and error. I was able to learn how to build/ set up a DD. to get the rack perfect in the flip was a pride I learned.  same as transmissions have there proper place so do 4 cycle vs  2.. none are better then others ; all have down falls 

• Like 1

I'm sorry if it came across as if I was crying about the picture I posted I don't care what people do with their stuff. I was just giving my honest opinion on something that was up forsale and in my opinion was a waste of a truck especially one I'm kinda fond of. Now if I was into sled pulling or drag racing maybe my opinion would be alil different 🤔. But I neither have the time or money for such hobbies lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

I'm sorry if it came across as if I was crying about the picture I posted I don't care what people do with their stuff. I was just giving my honest opinion on something that was up forsale and in my opinion was a waste of a truck especially one I'm kinda fond of. Now if I was into sled pulling or drag racing maybe my opinion would be alil different 🤔. But I neither have the time or money for such hobbies lol. 

I wasn’t speaking of you directly. However there are people on here that even bitch about sled pulling trucks being a waste….I guess guys that drag race old classic cars are wasting those too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

I wasn’t speaking of you directly. However there are people on here that even bitch about sled pulling trucks being a waste….I guess guys that drag race old classic cars are wasting those too. 

I didn't think you were I was just putting out there so I didn't sound like those other kinda people. I took no offense. I myself enjoy sled pulling especially semis and I love the old style drag racing as well. 

• Like 1

NOT ME  !!!  LoL  sled pulling big rigs / old farm tractors are the best. not so much the million dollar "farm tractors" with 4-5 engines. the ole farmer taking time from the fields, to compete with other farmers.  classic cars drag racing was a way out for the hero service men and women of our country to relive stress. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I personally like the trucks pulling those loaded trailers of lumber up a hill. Never seen in person but the vids are intense. I’ll have to check it out someday live. 

I'd love to see those or possibly participate with a suped up Mack of Some Sort lol

• 5 months later...

I was all excited when I saw this truck in the "for sale" lot in Macungie. I thought I'd found the truck I was looking for, a GMC with a 2 stroke Detroit , 6V-53 with a 5 speed and 2 speed rear. Unfortunately, it was just parked there in the unloading area until they parked it on the show grounds.

image.thumb.jpg.00cb03b8e48bb7278d71688eec95afa6.jpg

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

27 minutes ago, other dog said:

I was all excited when I saw this truck in the "for sale" lot in Macungie. I thought I'd found the truck I was looking for, a GMC with a 2 stroke Detroit , 6V-53 with a 5 speed and 2 speed rear. Unfortunately, it was just parked there in the unloading area until they parked it.

image.thumb.jpg.00cb03b8e48bb7278d71688eec95afa6.jpg

I already had visions of rolling into the Hellertown Truck Stop in that unit.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.