Sidetrack area

mowerman

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

so your Mate smile's when he sleep's???  :) 

Have you ever seen the movie "Paint Your Wagon"

The three best things in life are mentioned, well we had just had 2 of them, no chance on the third one though lol

Reckon that's why he was smiling maybe 

Paul

So true Bob

Today's movies are so in your face, they rely on shock factor and smut to get bums on seats to watch  movie

John Wayne was saying in a interview once how the public arent idiots and don't have to have everything shown to them 

Some one shoots a gun at a bloke over and the bloke drops over dead

The public can join the dots and there is no need for blood and guts to tell the public what happened 

There aren't many good actors these days and it shows when I try and watch most modern movies, they aren't enjoyable or entertaining 

Truth is I would rather participate in a forum like this than watch most modern movies today

Im boring, I know this but you can't beat some of those old movies

Anyway enough dribble from me 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Yes mate I was, I  have been a tad side tracked for 6 months and am hoping to get back to things I  enjoy

Dunno how that plan will go, settlement on a new to us house next month and the Princess already has a loooooooong list of jobs for me 

So life will not return to normal for a little while yet 🤪

Paul

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Yes mate I was, I  have been a tad side tracked for 6 months and am hoping to get back to things I  enjoy

Dunno how that plan will go, settlement on a new to us house next month and the Princess already has a loooooooong list of jobs for me 

So life will not return to normal for a little while yet 🤪

Paul

forget about "normal" for the next few years. 

the boss will have you doing so many renovations to make the new place "perfect"   you will never have time to do anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

weren't you working on a tipper box last year? 

tjc l'm glad you asked about that. l missed following along with the progress that Paul was making. Still have not figured out as to how you do so much by yourself Paul.    .....Hippy

Edited by 70mackMB
  • Like 1

Hippy, I'm very determined and had some really special tradesman as a young apprentice 

They gave me something you can't learn in school and something has to earnt not taught 

The gave me self confidence in my abilities without hopefully been a cocky smart ass 

Trying to think how to explain it 

My tradesman of a different era than today must of seen something in me and my desire to try and fix anything 

Because they took time to teach me and really changed the course of my life

They never did it for most apprentices, just the odd one

I guess I was very respectful with out kissing ass and wasn't a cocky smart mouthed piece of shit 

And when I stuffed up I openly admitted it, they never really went crook but I certainly could tell when they weren't impressed with me

They taught me how to not rely on others, but rather use my own brain and my own abilities 

And I had and still have a very strong work ethic

Manners and and a good work ethic will get you further in life than any collage degree or university education 

So without sounding like a wanker I just plug along and do the best I can do myself, I get a huge amount of satisfaction in the doing of things

Making videos for youtube was more a way of recording what I do for my son in years to come so he can see that even a dumb ass like his father can have triumphs and failures but we should still be proud of what we try and achieve 

Sorry more dribble from me 

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for that Paul I was pretty much the same way I am broken with truck drivers that started with chain drives and two of my uncle’s were auto and truck mechanics with thier own shop and yes, I was a typical smart ass teenager like most young guys, but I was always all ears when I was around these older fellows … Bob

From my boys place of employ from before Christmas 

Started out new and like this 

20230224-055453.jpg

And with a little bit of effort

20230224-055510.jpg

20230224-055523.jpg

20230224-055539.jpg

20230224-055556.jpg

received-468639308585357.jpg

The legend continues lol

No finished photos as of yet

S.A.R. is short Australian right hand drive