Suspension Identification

Quickfarms

I wish my wife could understand why I keep what I keep...  Even though she has seen me fix an 'S-load' of things around here just by going to my 'so-called' junk pile. and pulling the repair out of my A$$..  I'm still gonna do what I do..   jojo

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mowerman said:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo one more thing,,,,no i do not like thowing anything out,,,,,good thing about my place,,,,,old lady is the same way.lol..bob:chili:

how lucky YOU are ...If I try and save a sock having a hole in it i get static; that line opposites attract is alot of BS.  I save all I can (not counting memory unfortunately) . 

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

opposites dont attract.. it sucks... 

THANK YOU  for vote of confidence. after 20 plus yrs , she like to see cows at a farm; actually walked near the fence line ; almost stepped in cow sh-t. along ways from "I'm a city girl, don't know about working class"

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

im still waiting for the answer to what suspension he has...  It is the lightest set I have ever seen on any Mack....  Just curious... jojo

It's Freightliner suspension. My Money's on the Donor truck being a Freightliner..

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Quick farms did the same thing so don’t feel bad I thought he was still talking about the blue one I hadn’t even noticed the gold one was new originally we were discussing the blue one I thought I had gone and looked at that truck around 40 years ago now I am confused whether it was the gold one ha ha… Bob

• Like 1

This is the reply that I got from the Mack museum about this truck

@The number you provided is a Glider Kit. We have no information on this unit. The Mack Trucks Historical Museum has very little information on Glider Kits.”

it is not helpful 

I would have expected they could have told me what was in the glider and who it was delivered to

A "diamond in the ruff"  , never cared for a unit all pretty and painted. paint hides a lot. NOT talking about a restoration; before the resto . comical when looking at a bulldozer and such for sale when the over spray is on the ground ,tracks all shiny.  this R700 is in natural state ;  hope the emergency stop has been hooked up and working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

A "diamond in the ruff"  , never cared for a unit all pretty and painted. paint hides a lot. NOT talking about a restoration; before the resto . comical when looking at a bulldozer and such for sale when the over spray is on the ground ,tracks all shiny.  this R700 is in natural state ;  hope the emergency stop has been hooked up and working.

I remember being on jobs and getting bulldozers that had just come back from "rebuild", and finding freshly-painted yellow sticks still poking out of the radiators.  Found radiators clogged with paint.  Worn out rollers and sprocket segments...all with a fresh coat of yellow paint on them!  Engines low on oil, and old oil at that.  I think they called that a "Rebuild-in-a-Can"...paint can, that is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

When I still was working at Cleveland brothers they had two 977 track loaders one was really in good shape and the other one was a worn out mess, the big boss sent word I had to sandblast the dog one and give it a good paint job, they always got me to do the painting if it was important that the paint be good. I did the job and that junker sold fast. Me and my uncle tried to talk the customer in the better machine but the new paint got the customer he was a fool with his money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I remember being on jobs and getting bulldozers that had just come back from "rebuild", and finding freshly-painted yellow sticks still poking out of the radiators.  Found radiators clogged with paint.  Worn out rollers and sprocket segments...all with a fresh coat of yellow paint on them!  Engines low on oil, and old oil at that.  I think they called that a "Rebuild-in-a-Can"...paint can, that is!

Sounds like someone "got it " in THE can

• Haha 2

I like that one Hayseed...   I was told it is called a 'Rattle can rebuild'   All of them are funny,,,,  unless you are the buyer..   TJC,,,  I have had to do extensive work on quite a few 'Auction trucks'...  Fresh white painted cab's and gloss black frames,   but......  thousands more dollars after the buyer makes a couple runs, or less..  jojo :(

yea, i have recommended many a person to run away from auctions. 

most listen, the ones that do not pay the price. 

unless of course you know the seller. 

i made quite a few good purchases over the years at auctions, usually paying less than the before auction asking price. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I like that one Hayseed...   I was told it is called a 'Rattle can rebuild'   All of them are funny,,,,  unless you are the buyer..   TJC,,,  I have had to do extensive work on quite a few 'Auction trucks'...  Fresh white painted cab's and gloss black frames,   but......  thousands more dollars after the buyer makes a couple runs, or less..  jojo :(

Dulux rebuild is another popular One...

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -