Suspension Identification

Quickfarms

On 10/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Quickfarms said:

As with all old trucks it has a few issues.

The passenger side widows are smashed and need to be replaced, is r model glass readily available?

The plastic dash panel with the tach is busted. I was thinking about putting in a standard speedometer and removing the tachograph. 

Any glass shop can cut them I got one for an R model right there in the valley somewhere but that was almost 40 years ago they actually had one already cut .. bob

i would pressure wash the engine anyway before you do anything to it. 

you need to pull the valve covers to check the rack and injectors for free movement anyway, so washing should be the first step automatically. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

all in favor of the vise grip idea; one concern for me is starting it with valve covers off:::  unless i pressure washed it first  there's an awful lot of yrs worth of  dust, grit the fan will blow around that will end up in oil galley on heads. as in many cases on these forms , sure would like to be there when it fires up. must be like a heart surgeon when he opens some one up ;;LOL the thrill to hear / see something come "alive" again.

I think I will start by getting the glass replaced and then finish cleaning the rat crap from the blue Mack and then pressure wash both of them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

I would also oil all the cylinders and the turbo bearing..: bob 

now all us OLE TIMERS  know a DD does a great job of oiling the cyl  by itself along with everything near it  AND this must be a test a 318 DOES NOT have a turbo bearings it has blower bearings  LOL . a 350 DD same with a few modifications has a TURBO .   ;;;; sorry couldn't help myself bob;;;LOL   LOL   LOL  

Y’all talking bout oiling reminded me, after you get her running, make sure your air box drains are open. Should have good flow of air out both tubes. It will have slight splatter of oil also, they are designed that way. You can fix that if you want, little fab work, but you would have to drain daily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Y’all talking bout oiling reminded me, after you get her running, make sure your air box drains are open. Should have good flow of air out both tubes. It will have slight splatter of oil also, they are designed that way. You can fix that if you want, little fab work, but you would have to drain daily.

I know a guy had a 6-71 in a truck that was used for hauling  process to new driveways .the eng leaked so bad putting oil on fresh material- he tied a plastic gal jug to the air box drain. had to empty regularly .LOL . 

OK this is what I have the gauge panel it’s brand new with the tag still on it and the 2 steal surrounding pieces but only for one truck and yes I don’t know what you would call them… bob 

D47025B4-E7D8-4E40-B76A-09F7370F97E8.jpeg

Are you offering to sell it?

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

OK this is what I have the gauge panel it’s brand new with the tag still on it and the 2 steal surrounding pieces but only for one truck and yes I don’t know what you would call them… bob 

I would call them ::: the good ole days ;;;

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Well I did a quick 20 minute search I could not find them I did find a lot of other shit but not those I also discovered that I have way too much junk I am not going to use it it is going in the trash … bob

YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY LOL. I still think of all the DD parts (brand new ) I had and like you and many others said "i'm tired of moving this crap, i'll never use it" and over the bank it went. boy do I kick my ass now.  so many people could have used the parts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:51 PM, mowerman said:

If we could only go back to when that dash was brand new..simple gauges ; no computer indicators . voltmeter showing still has generator. guessing it's a birds eye view from the DM600

ya fellas especially mecho i did know what you were talking about but i thought i would take it a step further......i trained on one just like mine ,,,but it was a U model....it was an old plymouth rock tractor....im sure alot of you fellas remember them......like you said,,,,dcw those old guages were the best we are ever going to see...bob

• Like 1

we don't throw things out;; we just relocate excessive inventory. back in the early "farm days";; I called it the neighborhood shuffle. someone cleaning out their junk brought it to a neighbor saying " bet you can use this stuff!.  and being "neighborly took  my junk brought it to a nother neighbor saying: bet you can use this stuff! LOL sometime the stuff (junk ) made it back to the original neighbor..  right now I have a 12 in I-beam  14 1/2 ft long =trying to pawn it off to a neighbor. can't put it in my jeep and just drop it off;; OH the good ole days are gone. LOL

• Like 1