Suspension Identification

Quickfarms

Not yet

working on getting the parts to replace the passenger side glass

i charged a spare set of batteries for it and will soon try to start it 

washed it on Tuesday, as well as two other trucks. I took the green truck to a car show at Universal Technical Institute today 

and this red truck showed up making lots of smoke here in Southern California 

75 miles in LA traffic is so much fun but the green truck has an Allison so it was bearable 

57989E94-66B3-465B-9659-2EA79116B298.jpeg

D74CB633-CD4C-4A67-B282-EB220DFCC3FD.jpeg

801700CD-BAF5-4711-B0EB-D2D56A29C782.jpeg

• Like 1

Years ago it looked at a Dodge pick up 69 4 x 4 and head all brand new red paint painted the bumper is on the grill white it looked real good test drive figured out they disconnected the transfer case for some reason so it is very young age I figured they were probably hiding a lot with that brand new paint I walked away yeah I know old people boring stories ha ha Joey you started it …. Bob

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

The green truck is gorgeous thanks for sharing that and getting back to the  batteries I Heard 2 12 volt batteries have more cranking power than 4 6 volts … bob

Thanks the green truck gets a lot of attention everyplace we go. At the UTI show the teachers were more interested than the students probably because they saw how much work went into getting the truck to this point and I still have a lot to do.

right now the truck cruises at 58mph at 2500 rpm. I would like to drop the rpm and increase the cruise speed but with only 210 hp 7.8 ford I don’t have the power I want. Every option I have come up with costs a lot of money and quite frankly I get there, just slowly. So I may just insulate the cab better and turn up the fuel a little and call it good 

the wife wants stairs, more water capacity.

I want to delete the spare tire, or modify the mount to carry a BBQ and close the gap between the bottom of the camper and the bed

938FC127-E5EF-463C-867B-789B7688F765.jpeg

• Like 1

Red one lookin good. many years ago I went to Pocono race track to watch the pro big rigs run circle track= not drags. didn't think it was going to be too exciting;;  wrong . reality was the round and round with the big rigs turned to be alot of fun.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:44 AM, mowerman said:

Twin drive vehicle I’m sure it would’ve been a lot cheaper to bump up the top and with  just a single drive … bob

The issue with changing the gears is not the rear axles, it’s the front axle. In order to remove the differential you have to disassemble the entire axle and the current ratio is the fastest ratio that that carrier can use. So I would need a complete center assembly and I could only go from 4.92 to 4.25.

if I really decide to do it the current best solution is to replace the Allison with a 13 speed 

I have been working on this truck slowly due to other commitments. 

yesterday it got new batteries 

today I took apart the air filter and air intake and did not find any surprises. I dumped out lots of fine black powder from the air cleaner element which supports it being used in the yard since 1993.

In the Farr air cleaner do you clean the outer screen? 

I also checked the emergency stop and it works fine and now I see how to reset it, pictures are a little dark but in one it is open and in the other it is closed 

I also got to use my long 1/2 inch snapon flex ratchet to bar the motor over two turns 

E7802656-8CA7-49BA-8E3E-4C48C02B6C0A.jpeg

4D28AA0D-E314-4AA4-9838-D7189AFB7703.jpeg

• Like 1

The black soot in the Farr could B the motor has ran backwards

easy dun by laborin the motor @ idle revs n in a nano secound the wheels  turn the oposite way

Before U start the beast have a neat fitting steel plate to cover the Farr inlet as pictured above just in case it wants to run away

Also when a Screemer takes offf U stangle it by restricting the air .......... but a screemer will try and get fuel or oil any way it can by sucking oil up past the piston rings, blower seals or anywhere it can

Screemers can also keep running with some of the parts missing or broken

screemer.gif.58732e00570b85024b3e550c84c68a16.gif

cya

The black powder was on the dirty side of the air cleaner. The place that this truck came from supplied the foundary industry and that back dust is all over the site.

the clean side of the air filter element looked new. The pipe was also clean inside 

This is one the trailers the this Mack used to pull. It is now in storage at a friends house. This is also the first time the little ford has pulled a trailer since changing the rear from 4.88 to 3.90 and it did fine 

now I am looking for some 6 lug 15” wheels 

D2841B03-9199-45AB-B096-934E3E5BA784.jpeg

E4517DC8-02A3-40F6-A4AF-905C18E8A4F1.jpeg

0774CC53-7B5D-4D90-B487-4B849BBB3F42.jpeg

Today was fun

we found the second injector on both sides were stuck. The drivers side one was easy to free up, the passenger side one required the removal of the rocker bolts to gain access.

Then we discovered the truck was actually positive ground. 

then the starter solenoid was not behaving

We did get the truck to run but there is no fuel coming back from the lift pump.

now we need to change the filters and work on priming this thing  

6BC185F6-3136-4941-82A8-421B7D3BCABC.jpeg