Storm Pics.

other dog

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

Hey Duck,  My guy charged me $200.00 to add the plug and quality wire, and the weatherproof box.....  Just tossin that out there...

I always wanted to build a nice shed outside the house and get one of those Caterpillar or Detroit Generators and have it wired into the house just so I would be able to say "My house is Diesel powered when the power goes out" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Mine just sits in the back of my garage with the hook up cord rolled up on top of it. I guess it's there of I ever need it lol

might want to pull it outside and let it run now and then. time flies and the gas might go "sour"; and the mice always find a home in the wire compartment when things sit too long. 

4 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

might want to pull it outside and let it run now and then. time flies and the gas might go "sour"; and the mice always find a home in the wire compartment when things sit too long. 

Yeah good thing is the tank was empty when it was stored in there. And haven't really had any mice issues in my Garage 

• Like 1

my old 10 KW onan is a 3600rpm screamer. you can hear it 5 blocks away when it is running. 

and it loves gas. 1.5 gallons per hour. 

the new 15 KW onan is an 1800 rpm 4 cylinder air cooled. that is much quieter, only about 100 foot noisy. that is rated 250CFM natural gas, but i think it only uses around 200 CFM.

i also have a little portable 2400 watt yamaha inverter. that thing is quiet. it can be running full power and you can carry on a conversation standing next to it without raising your voice. 

it will also run 8 hours on 2.5 gallons of gas.

when i am done with the gas powered units, i turn the gas off and run the carbs dry. 

i also mix double dose of marine and regular stabil in the gas tanks. with that mixture gas stays good for around 18 months. 

i also have an automatic transfer switch wired into the house, so i dont have to do anything. the big unit is self start and shut off, and self test once a month for 5 minutes too

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Yeah good thing is the tank was empty when it was stored in there. And haven't really had any mice issues in my Garage 

Yeah, I really need to drain the tank in mine. Bought one last winter (couldn't even tell you the brand...company I work for has some retail stores & they got a shipment of these in when EVERYBODY ELSE was sold out) when a bad ice storm was in the forecast. Got it all set up & ready to go...then the worst of the storm missed us & we didn't lose power. It's big enough we can run the fridge & freezer (so we don't lose food) and a big (1500W) infrared fireplace heater thingy for warmth in the main living area...and unplug the fridge to use the microwave & heat up food. If I lived alone (like I did back in '09 when an ice storm knocked out power for 3 days) I wouldn't have bought it. Made due back then with a car battery powering a 400w inverter with a table lamp for light, charged my phone in the truck & grabbed food during the day while out & about. Extra blanket on the bed & I was fine. With a wife, 2 kids (1 & 4 last winter), and a mother-in-law at the house, that wouldn't fly. I got it set up so if power went out while I wasn't home, all she had had to do was wheel it out, hook up the ground (yeah, I sunk a ground rod into the ground) and run the extension cords in through the garage and pull the cord to start it. Ran it for about 30 seconds to make sure it worked and shut it off. Been sitting there for about 8 months. I DO treat the gas I pump into the gas cans with about 8 oz of Seafoam for each 5 gal can...so at least it's treated gas that's been sitting in the tank.🤦‍♂️

Now that I own a generator, the power will probably never go out ever again.🙃

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Mom and Dad had a transfer switch installed when they did a kitchen renovation.  Best investment they every made!  They never lost power long enough in the next 10 years to wheel the generator out to plug it in.  😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

gas tanks full or empty is a matter of opinion ; positive/ negative to both ; ideal situation is partial tank of gas with additive in gas. tank with todays crap gas : gas goes sour, empty tank seals; gaskets in carb dry out. 

• Like 1

I literally, rotate my gas from the house generator to the mower and shop generator.  I keep some in the house Genny with stabil. Then after a while I drain it into a can for the mower.  I don't leave the house Genny empty, because we have a lot of Crack Heads in my area, and they drive off the road and take out utility poles..  I lose power several times a year..  :). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I literally, rotate my gas from the house generator to the mower and shop generator.  I keep some in the house Genny with stabil. Then after a while I drain it into a can for the mower.  I don't leave the house Genny empty, because we have a lot of Crack Heads in my area, and they drive off the road and take out utility poles..  I lose power several times a year..  :). 

using a 60in zero turn, grass cutting is a 5 hr venture, if I do my section (we rent )  and the landlords yard ; part of a 12 acre place. gas doesn't stay too long. 3 five gal cans and 3  two gal cans . small 2 gals for 2 cycle equipt. was interesting before I smarten up and labeled the 2 cycle mix can. on the list is rotate the gas ; time goes by too fast. generator sits .

It was really heart wrenching to see all the destruction it left behind and all the people it has affected. At the same time it was awesome to see everyone getting together and helping each other out. My thoughts and prayers to those affected in the U.S and eastern Canada. 

V

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, tjc transport said:

generjunks are the best selling generators........because every time people need them they have to buy a new one. 

I have a 6KW Generac and never have any trouble with it. I installed a quarter turn fuel valve and run it dry of the ethanol free (the ONLY fuel I will put into it) every time I am done with it. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I can tell you this... I have a harbor freight  7500/8050W Genny, and I have had it for 5 years. It really does start on the first pull, and it runs my 2 small welders just fine.  I have used it on my house just to see how it would do,  and I was able to use my electric stove/oven..  900 watt microwave.  I also have 7 pairs of LED spot lights and 9 security cameras, with 2 hard drives, and the typical interior lights and T.V.'s, and a 110V well pump, 1 full size fridge, 1 small beer fridge, and a chest freezer (which rarely ever comes on) ...   that Genny will bog down and ramp right back up in 1 second.. you can here the load but it does not shut off... just keep's on keepin' on...   I think they are $800.00 now... when I got it they were $600.00..  jojo

On 10/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, other dog said:

I'm watching an Orlando news channel on TV, they're showing people clearing trees and storm debris from their homes and properties and putting it by the curb to be picked up. Couldn't help but think of the late Hat City,  good friend and long time BMT member. He would be in his element now, clearing storm debris was his thing. He had a big Mack truck with a big body and a knuckle boom loader on it. RIP Ed Ackell.

other dog.... Friendly Confines is about 5 min from me.  Me and the other sports dads will go there while our kids are at practice for some frosties and wings.... better known there as Cubby Claws.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

5 hours ago, General Ike said:

other dog.... Friendly Confines is about 5 min from me.  Me and the other sports dads will go there while our kids are at practice for some frosties and wings.... better known there as Cubby Claws.

The woman Zina lived with got Cubby Claws all the time. Zina rented a room from her when her ex told her he was going to kill her if she came back. We're planning to come back in November and have a little get together with some of her friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, and Friendly Confines was a place she has mentioned to do it. I always liked it, it was one of my favorite places. Or maybe Gator's...or maybe the Ale House. Maybe you could join us. We want to go to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona while we're there too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, other dog said:

The woman Zina lived with got Cubby Claws all the time. Zina rented a room from her when her ex told her he was going to kill her if she came back. We're planning to come back in November and have a little get together with some of her friends who couldn't make it to the wedding, and Friendly Confines was a place she has mentioned to do it. I always liked it, it was one of my favorite places. Or maybe Gator's...or maybe the Ale House. Maybe you could join us. We want to go to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona while we're there too.

We have decided where we're going in Florida in November, we'll be at the Ale House in Winter Park around 4pm. today. Corner of Lee Road, 17-92. Stop on in, and anybody else that's in the area feel free to join us.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.