Storm Pics.

other dog

Here's what the storm left here, even though it's still raining. Sticks and leaves everywhere-

ss309838.thumb.jpg.fb9749d46dda282869e45a9ef8e58033.jpg

s308sss.jpg.b9c374997614b045581b97a6beba4b95.jpg

ss30949.jpg.29330eac7f9e7d8e26f378aa41deb7a1.jpg

But that's nothing compared to Florida. Zina's friend and co-worker sent her these pictures yesterday. These are from her home by Lake Harney on the St. Johns River. Her husband was driving her to work, this is the road to their house. She said she saw a fish jump in the road.

a308a.jpg.911d6490ed8d2a79666077878169318c.jpg

Steps off their porch.

a3082.jpg.3142ce1000a379d7b004c9da8aeecfea.jpg

View from their back deck. They saw fish jumping and an alligator in the yard. They actually fished for a while off the deck but didn't catch anything. She said somebody caught a tiny gator about a foot long in the ditch in front of the house.  I said "what are they going to do with that little gator?"  She said they were going to cook it and eat it😆

a308712796_1278750792941799_140323622378739674_n.jpg.43cde00abc418b9c17be3cc2670a8bb9.jpg

a309.jpg.071d2c466fd992202589e0aca8841227.jpg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

my niece posted a short video of her grandparents house that now belongs to her and her brother. they us it as a vacation house. it is in Ft Meyers. 

security cameras are 8 foot up below the gutters. 

inside cameras were out, along with 3 of the 4 outside cameras. but the one that was still working showed the water lapping at the camera, then halfway up the lens cover before dying. 

her brother has not got down there yet to see if there is anything left of the house. 

my aunt and uncle's new house is on a lagoon in Naples. their floor is 10 foot above the lagoon. they did not get any water inside. 

but their old house they sold 3 years ago is gone. washed away into the swamps. 

my cousins in Ft Meyers are MIA. they do not have cell phones, so we can not get in contact with them.

but they have been there over thirty years, so i am sure they took off as soon as the warnings went out are hanging out in Miami until they get the safe to go back home message.. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

13 hours ago, tjc transport said:

...but they have been there over thirty years, so i am sure they took off as soon as the warnings went out are hanging out in Miami until they get the safe to go back home message.. 

Wow, I hope they're safe. We used to haul pointy sticks to Fort Myers from Jr. Kidd's sawmill in Wingina, Va. Took them to a place that made silt fence.

Yes I would not be racing down there either the fish is huge we get cut a lot in the winter due to road closures to much snow Donner Pass and Wyoming I guess you could call that our storm issues at least there’s not a lot of damage

finally heard from my cousin. they are fine. sorta. female Pat has Alzheimer's real bad and is bedridden requiring 24/7 care now. .

the storm took out power, trees, and other things, but closest water got to the house was about 250 foot. 

big problem is the generator would not start, and male Pat (yes, they are both named Pat)

did not want to leave his wife alone to go see what was wrong with the generator. 

when their neighbors saw the house was dark, they came over and moved female pat to their house so she had oxygen, and heat. 

they have not figured out what is wrong with the generator other than it is a generac POS.

male pat said as soon as things get back to a semblance of normal he is having it replaced with a kohler. 

generac units have a nickname of "generjunk"

they work great, until you need them to work. 

but they spend gazillions of dollars advertising their junk, so people buy them. 

i used to run a 66 year old onan 10 KW unit. always starts. it has at least 1000 hours on it. . 

but last year i replaced it with  34 year old 15 KW onan with only 468 hours on it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, General Ike said:

Here in Winter Park (Orlando) we got 24 inches of rain in 36 hours.  Wind was bad but not as bad as other previous storms but still took out trees and left a bucket of debris.  Flooding is unreal.  Sanitary sewers are overwhelmed.  Major sewage issue at the water treatment plants and contamination of local waterways.  The chain of lakes that I live on are flooded to the point that the water line is hundreds of feet from their natural boundary in certain places.  When it is all said and done however, we dodged a major bullet. 

Back when Zina from Gladys was known as Zina from Florida she lived in Winter Park. The Friendly Confines was just up on the corner, in walking distance...almost. I couldn't tell you how to get there though. We used to come up Semoran Blvd, turn right on Aloma Ave, go just a little ways then turn right again on some street, then turn left and right about 40 or 50 more times, until we got to Eastham street. I think you could have done it in about 3 turns, but she might have wanted to keep me confused 🤣

• Like 1

I'm watching an Orlando news channel on TV, they're showing people clearing trees and storm debris from their homes and properties and putting it by the curb to be picked up. Couldn't help but think of the late Hat City,  good friend and long time BMT member. He would be in his element now, clearing storm debris was his thing. He had a big Mack truck with a big body and a knuckle boom loader on it. RIP Ed Ackell.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

generac units have a nickname of "generjunk"

they work great, until you need them to work. 

but they spend gazillions of dollars advertising their junk, so people buy them. 

i used to run a 66 year old onan 10 KW unit. always starts. it has at least 1000 hours on it. . 

but last year i replaced it with  34 year old 15 KW onan with only 468 hours on it. 

Well thank you for that info, a few years ago me and Zina were coming home from sunny Florida and there was an ice storm here and we had no power when we got back. We spent the night in Asheboro,N.C. because our next door neighbor called us and told us the power was out. Came home the next day, still no power. No power that night. So we said we were going to get a generator, my first thought was a Honda, but they were about a million dollars. So I saw all these ads everywhere I googled generators for the Generacs, and they were like $300. So I said "that's what we'll get, a generac". But of course the power came back on right then, and I never did get a generator. 

I bought a snow shovel once and it didn't snow for 6 years.

• Like 1

A while back somebody gave me a 6000 watt all power generator he said it ran real well and all of a sudden it didn’t start it seems to be a thrown rod seems I can repair it for about 80 bucks I think I’ll take my chances and see what comes out of of it only thing that bothers me is he did say it was very loud ..:. Bob

Im not smart on generators, because I just buy what I can afford.....   (Cheapo's)  I have a Craftsman 5500W with a whatever generator. It's 18 years old..  I did replace the carb last year.  I have used it 20 + times on my little 1100 sqft house..  and it does a great job, for its age.. I have a 7500W that runs my toy welders, just in case this one dies,,,,   But,,,   so far it is ready to go..  I cranked it Friday before the storm hit, just in case I had to switch it out..   1 Pull...   I let it run for 10 min's, cut the fuel line off and let it die out..  Yep, there are many I would like to own, but my little $400.00  Genny,  still gets it done...   You rekon, P.M. is the reason it run's?   :)   Jojo

I inherited a generator from My Grandpa that he got for free back when Ohio got hit by an ice storm. They were giving out vouchers for A free generator at our local Sam's club. My Grandpa just missed gittin a voucher when an old friend if his saw him and told him " Here have my voucher I've already got a generator at home". He had his electrician buddy Sparky come over an wire it into the house fuse box and we were able to power about half the house for up to 8 or 9 hrs on a tank of gas. Thank God I haven't had to use it since.

• Like 1

I have a gen. hookup too.  i had my electrician put it in..  Works great...  It is not an auto system, I still have to pull start my Genny, and flip 2 switches, but after that.....   I just go back to what I was doin'....   

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Mack said:

I have a gen. hookup too.  i had my electrician put it in..  Works great...  It is not an auto system, I still have to pull start my Genny, and flip 2 switches, but after that.....   I just go back to what I was doin'....   

Mine just sits in the back of my garage with the hook up cord rolled up on top of it. I guess it's there of I ever need it lol