Two Superliners for sale

james j neiweem

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at google and bing maps it appears that these Superliners are on ABF property right to the left of the ABF tractors parked by the fence (ABF ready line spares). They are not ABF tractors but they appear to be a third party sales on the ABF terminal lot. Maybe you can call ABF at that terminal

On 5/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, james j neiweem said:

Looking at google and bing maps it appears that these Superliners are on ABF property right to the left of the ABF tractors parked by the fence (ABF ready line spares). They are not ABF tractors but they appear to be a third party sales on the ABF terminal lot. Maybe you can call ABF at that terminal

Sounds good thanks for the information 👍 

Aran always has a bunch of trucks for sale and not for sale.  Last i knew they were trying to thin down a bit.  

They had the 1,000,000th mack in the shed at one point.  Green superliner with a 36 bunk..

PMC

That 1 million Superliner was Yarmouth Lumber's.   Said Top Dog on it.  been a yard truck at their yard in Gray, Me.   I remember it coming into a business in Derry, where i haul into.  Always thought that should be in a museum.  I remember hearing stories that Mack motor's tried to buy it back, even offered them another Superliner.  

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sound like a $hithead but honestly how is the one millionth Mack any more special than the 999,999th one made or the 1,000,001 one made, presumably on the same day within hours or even minutes of the one pictured? It really is just a meaningless number. Mack continued to churn out "real Macks" up until around 2002 or 2003. I just don't see how its any more special and/or valuable than any other equivalently spec'd Superliner made around that timeframe. 

• Like 1

Is that picture in the Mack museum? I wonder how it escaped and why they didn't keep it and use it for an advertising campaign. Its just odd

And I didn't realize that Mack had made so few trucks in 86 years, Henry ford build a million in 2 or 3 years 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 12:04 PM, tjc transport said:

Correct.  it is just a number

But for some, these "number trucks" are magicaly special.

watch mecum  (and other) auctions when a "numbered" vehicle shows up; the $$$ roll out. factory years ago wanted old number 1 == R607T 1001 from owner in southbury CT . heard they made heck of a great offer and were turned down. now it sits with very little interest :: at least inside building. many yrs back the supposable first U model was for sale in new jersey .. U607T 1001. don't know it's fate. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...