dadgum mower...

RowdyRebel

Sorry that had me laughing at your expense. Glad to know it’s not just me…My old neighbor use to always say “it’s always something” As I get older it’s becoming more and more relevant…

• Like 1
  • Like 1

i stopped buying mowers a few years ago after the introduction of "garbage gas" 

the ethanol crap eats carbs. i could not get 1 full year out of a carb, and only two years before the deck rotted out. 

three years ago i bought a kobalt 80 volt cordless string trimmer and just use that for the whole yard. takes about the same amount of time as the mower did. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I broke down and bought this mower five years ago and never looked back,built to near commercial specs,installed the mulching kit and haven’t raked a leaf since and let me tell you I have a chit load of leaves every fall,it just pulverize them,awesome machine..

61B59F46-798F-468F-83CB-40B7BF92262B.jpeg

• Like 1

I know how you feel Rebel,  those are the days were it is best for me to just stop trying to fix anything,,,,  I laughed at youre expense as well..  Probably just jinxed myself, I'm about to do some brake work on my Old '48 International. BTW,  I have 3 Harbor Frieght predator engines and they all run great,,  I have a small one that sat for 2 years, I puled it once with the choke on and it fired right up,,  I even had a witness, he couldnt beleive it either..  I hope you enjoy a hot meal.... :)  Jojo

10 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

www.pure-gas.org

There are a couple stations around here on that list...and I use them exclusively for my motorcycles. Unfortunately, it's only "premium" offered w/o the corn additive, and that $#!+ is expensive. Bikes are high compression & need the high octane. Mowers, not so much. Push mower could probably be replaced for the difference in cost over the 7 or 8 years it's been since I bought it...wasn't a very expensive mower to begin with, & it was on clearance as a discontinued previous year's model.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I run with the pre-mixed 100% dinosaur from the hardware store in my small 2 stroke engines.  I only go through a gallon or 2 a year so it's a small premium to pay to know that they will start every time I need them.  For the lawn tractor I only buy 2 gallons at a time and dose it up with a stabilizer.  Seems to do the trick so far. 

• Like 1

I  use the additive myself it works real well gasoline last a long time I am the same way I don’t have a large area 2 gallon jug is usually all I need for all my machines for the whole season and that includes my five horse Briggs & Stratton air compressor.. bob

i mix the crap they call gas here in joisey with double dose of marine stabil, and double dose of regular stabil. 5 gallon can will last me close to 2 years and still be good. if left untreated it will be bad in under 4 months. i have to run the gas tank dry on the plow truck, otherwise it will not start after 4 months if untreated gas in in it. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

No it’s not worth a shit I bought a car years ago that sat for 16 years with a full tank of regular leaded gasoline would you believe that car would skid the tires when I gas it after I ran  that tank out car didn’t have anywhere near the power that 16 year old gasoline did to tell you the truth I didn’t even think it was going to run at all with that old gas instead it was the other way around the shit was like rocket fuel… bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

There are a couple stations around here on that list...and I use them exclusively for my motorcycles. Unfortunately, it's only "premium" offered w/o the corn additive, and that $#!+ is expensive. Bikes are high compression & need the high octane. Mowers, not so much. Push mower could probably be replaced for the difference in cost over the 7 or 8 years it's been since I bought it...wasn't a very expensive mower to begin with, & it was on clearance as a discontinued previous year's model.

I can get 87 or 89 Octane corn free around here, I think I saw earlier today it was 4.71 a gallon. It's all I will run in my small engines, the smaller the engine (blower or trimmer) the better it runs on corn free. And around the end of September I start to fill the F.W.D. exclusively with corn free so that by the time I park it for winter hibernation at the end of October, all it has in the tank is corn free. Don't wish to have to rebuild that carb again. 

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I used to use StaBil- well, actually I still do, but I read that Sea Foam also keeps gas from "going bad" so I put that in in too. I fill two cans a year with ethanol free gas, one for the lawn mower, a push mower, and one that I mix for my 2 cycle engines- chain saw, leaf blower, and weed eater. I put both Sta Bil and Sea Foam in both of them. 

I used to put a can of Sea Foam in that 4 cylinder Ranger I used to have periodically and you could definitely tell the difference. 

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.