Shop Talk

Onyx610

as far as sleeping with an "on the ready"  I have a Judge with #6 shot in it...  I wear glasses, so my vision isnt so good,  so aiming would waste time,  all I need to do is reach over to my right to see if my wife is in the bed, then I know whoever is in the house is not her,,,,,   BANG!!!

• Like 2

you are correct sir...   but ,,,, today,,,  they came,,, in droves..  there were more cops here today than ever..   we had 5 shootings in our city last night..  all Black, all drug related...  what a damn waste of a descent city that can be a place to raise a family..  instead it's a liberal sanctuary city they pays the rent for P.O.S. people..  

• Sad 1

Since you like guns and hate Biden like majority of AMERICANs, you will enjoy this vid. He does a lot of reviews and tactical stuff but recently switched over to the more funny side and because he is it’s become a hit. He’s ex military and did a lot of special forces stuff. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

yep.  Mine is a "Scout" 5 1/2"   it will shoot .45 LC/ .410/ .44 special/   And the not reccomended.. .44Mag..  which I did one day by mistake... I ran 5 rounds though it, and was ' like'  damn these rounds are strong...   Dahhh..  I have since kept my .45LC and .44 Mag. rounds away from each other..   

lmao! I bet that was a real shocker!

I really felt like an idiot... I should have paid better attention to the rounds I grabbed..  shame on me...  however, the Scout is fine and My Dan Wesson .44 forgave me for using his rounds..   :) however, my Remington model 94 (.44) still has a tude against me..   :) 

• Like 1

i have a bond arms 45CL/410, and a S&W 351PD 22 mag for pocket guns.. 

and a S&W629 44 mag, and a S&W 45-06. for self defense.

the 45ACP is in the nightstand loaded with glaser "blue tip" safety slugs..

someone comes in the house, i am punching big holes in them, not using birdshot to scare them away. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

i carried my 45-06 for 30 years. only time i had misfeeds was when new due to a slight burr on the feed ramp on the barrel. 30 seconds of polishing and it has performed flawlessly ever since. 

i bet i have over 50,000 rounds through it

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I forgot that I bought these home deffense loads a few yaers ago.  They are now in the Judges cylinder..  I choose 'shot' cartridges, because,,  God forbid I miss,,  I dont want my round to pass through the wall of my house and go into my nieghbors house.  their house is only 40 feet away..  There is 5 children and 3 adults there...  Its a good chance one of them would be hit from a stray round..   Just sayin..  My house will contain all of the projectiles from the shot cartridge,  minus hitting my own window from inside..  jojo

KIMG1094.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, Joey Mack said:

you are correct sir...   but ,,,, today,,,  they came,,, in droves..  there were more cops here today than ever..   we had 5 shootings in our city last night..  all Black, all drug related...  what a damn waste of a descent city that can be a place to raise a family..  instead it's a liberal sanctuary city they pays the rent for P.O.S. people..  

And sadly, it's everywhere these days. This was in Madison Heights, where I went to the eye doctor and took those pictures of the vehicles they're going to auction just a week or two ago.Screenshot_20220727-153536.thumb.png.9245dedb28e3f3b708b727d0346d4e72.png

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thank's MarkT..   I really gave it a bit of thought..  I do have good shooting skill's., however,, under the pressure and adrenaline rush of having to protect myself, and my wife..  and the Fact that The criminal already has the upper hand, because they know what they are going to do...  I'm in the bed,,,, not knowing what is happening outside..   I chose a hand held shot gun to be as quick to respond as I could.. as far as outdoor's,,   I have been able to make a few D-Bag's  back off, without putting a round into them,,,  I do not live in a bad neighborhood,  there is just 2 houses that need to go..  there only 8 houses on our loop..  anyway,,,   Jojo 

TJC,  as far as a .22 Mag..  I bought my wife the Ruger LCR in .22 Mag..  It is a ready to go revolver..  And Buddy,,  she knows how to shoot it..   It was a birthday gift back in 2014..  She carries it every day...  yes, I keep myself in-line..  :)  jojo

Mark,  I would definately look at the S&W gov.  6 rounds instead of 5,  heavier cylinder, and fires .45 ACP as well..  I guess that makes it able to fire 4 different types of ammo. 5 if it can handle .44 Mag.    Dont make me add another one to my collection,,  Dammit!!!!   :) jojo

to tell you the truth,  I really like the Ruger LCR .22 Mag. I bought for my wife.  It is smooth, no hammer to fetch up on clothing, no safety, other than the little key that came with it..  It is small enough to put in my pocket, easy to conceal..  and, well,,,   it's a .22 Magnum... oh yeah, and it's easy on the wallet to buy and practice with..  I carry a Taurus 5 shot revolver in .38 +P..  I should have gotten the Ruger LCR version..  jojo

19 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

to tell you the truth,  I really like the Ruger LCR .22 Mag. I bought for my wife.  It is smooth, no hammer to fetch up on clothing, no safety, other than the little key that came with it..  It is small enough to put in my pocket, easy to conceal..  and, well,,,   it's a .22 Magnum... oh yeah, and it's easy on the wallet to buy and practice with..  I carry a Taurus 5 shot revolver in .38 +P..  I should have gotten the Ruger LCR version..  jojo