Alec Baldwin film set accident today

harrybarbon

I don’t remember Dick Cheney facing any consequences back in 2006 when he shot a fellow hunter.  The victim was fortunate enough to survive, but I believe he was hurt pretty bad.  I’m no fan of Baldwin, but unless someone presents some evidence of it being somehow malicious or premeditated, I fail to see it as going to gain much traction in a criminal sense.  The civil courts however will be busy with this one.  

• Like 1

Agreed, there is a very slight difference.  A couple post back you were indicating that you supported a zero tolerance gun safety protocol.  Remember, he didn’t verify the gun was safe, he pointed the gun in an unsafe direction, he pulled the trigger, etc?   Those three things happened at both events, like it or not.   Obviously I’m not saying the circumstances are exactly the same, but any fool can see the glaring  similarities.   

• Like 1

Yes it doesn't matter what anyones political persuasion is or if they love or hat Alec Baldwin, end of the day he pulled the trigger so the buck must stop with him

Even if he was given a supposedly empty gun or not makes no difference, he pulled the trigger

Paul 

7 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

There's a slight difference between trying to shoot a flying bird & accidentally peppering your friend in the face who happened to get in the way with a little birdshot and picking up a gun you "think" is unloaded, aiming at a couple people, and squeezing off a round. 1 rule broken (know target & whats beyond) vs EVERY rule  broken.

I think i remember that Cheneys bird dog even ran off.

glenn akers

On 10/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, hurstscrambler said:

Agreed, there is a very slight difference.  A couple post back you were indicating that you supported a zero tolerance gun safety protocol.  Remember, he didn’t verify the gun was safe, he pointed the gun in an unsafe direction, he pulled the trigger, etc?   Those three things happened at both events, like it or not.   Obviously I’m not saying the circumstances are exactly the same, but any fool can see the glaring  similarities.   

Cheney didn't have to verify the gun was safe...he likely loaded it himself. He wasn't shooting at his friend, he was shooting at birds...and his friend happened to be in the way. Target fixation as you're leading the bird timing your shot, losing track of what's beyond in the moment you squeeze the trigger. Like I said, he violated 1 rule & and an accident happened.

Baldwin picked up the gun, intentionally pointed it in the direction of people, and squeezed the trigger. EVERY rule was broken and a 100% preventable tragedy happened.

Beyond someone getting shot, the similarities are razor thin.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

here lately, the only one's talking about this story is us... I'm not disrespecting 'us'..... it just seem's to have gone away, from Lib news...  am I wrong?  anyway,     Is this gun loaded?    YES.....   jojo

• Like 1

latest report on this from last night is "no one knows where the live ammo came from, or that it was in the gun"

but a few days ago the crew admitted to using that very same gun to shoot beer cans offset. 

what did they think they were shooting the cans with, blanks? 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 10/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, tjc transport said:

only one shot was fired.

for the age of the gun, i am thinking it was a 44 colt long. 

there are so many conflicting stories being reported it is very hard to know what is true or not. and i doubt we will ever hear the truth. 

45 colt would be correct 

I read news today that AB is fed up, he can't handle the media etc, !!! Once they are on the opposite side of the desk all their huff and puff is evaporated, bit like Samson, (AB lost his desk and his TV Donald hair piece) after Delilah cut his hair he lost his mojo 😂 and so quickly! 

Neil Sedaka's song ... the roof has fallen in ...

I saw a clip on facebook the other day where some news media got him at home and was interviewing him.  He was adamant about not discussing the event but they were asking him questions.  He kept stating he was just being nice to even say anything.  Once done he basically told them to leave his family alone.

Found it.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

He'd be a bigger fool than he usually is if he DOES make too many public comments about the incident. "Anything you say can & will be used against you". Investigators are watching & listening. Best thing to do is just keep your mouth shut & don't say a damn thing about it to anyone other than your attorney.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 2 weeks later...

there is plenty out there, but they are going after the set armorer. not the people that brought the gun on the set and loaded it and then used it to shot beer cans and left the loaded gun laying around. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I would be thinking in a high profile case like this, if and when the police lay charges they gotta make them 100% correct and idiot proof because if any of the high profile jokers are charged they are gunna use every trick in the book to get off 

So the police I would be making sure that none of jokers are covered in Teflon 

So it may take a while for things to happen but I reckon they will happen

Paul