Alec Baldwin film set accident today

harrybarbon

I nearly ran off the road coming home last night when I heard that on the radio

Im in complete shock and still dont know if its real or I miss heard, I hope for all involved that I miss heard but feel thats pretty unlikely 

Sad news for all involved 

Paul 

my father was a postal inspector and assistant postmaster for 25 years, then postmaster for 15 years. 

he was also a policeman for 50 years. 

and a NRA firearms safety instructor for 30 years.  which also made him the post office and police dept firearms safety instructor for close to 20 years. 

he always stressed if you pick up a weapon that is not yours, first thing to do is check to make sure it is not loaded. 

second thing: don't point a firearm at someone unless you plan on killing them. 

for hunter safety course, you had to hit a target suspended in a truck tire at 25 yards to pass and get your hunting license.  that was for both gun, and bow and arrow. 

he was very proud of the fact not one of his well over 1000 "kids" were ever in a shooting incident.

he quit the day he responded to an accidental shooting and found one of his firearm course "kids" dead from a 22 to the head. back in 1973.

he was shooting birds out of a cellar window while standing on top of the washing machine with a bunch of others. 

the gun allegedly fell to the floor and discharged striking him in the head. 

since the others all had their story the same it was ruled an accident. 

dad did not believe the story though and said he was murdered. 

one of the other kids there has been in prison since 1979 for multiple homicides. he has no chance of parole until he is 199 years old. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

hayseed... he was fu%king that women and this was his way out..   I thought this out of the gate....  Don't care if i'm an idiot.. let's not forget....  it's Alec Baldwin........ jojo

I just watched another news story about this horrible event.  I am no expert, however, I have a lot of experience with firearms.  I heard that 2 people were shot.  This movie set is for a western.  so that tells me that the handguns were revolvers.  I would expect the revolver to be a black powder revolver that has to be pre loaded and caps need to be placed on the rear of the cylinder, and the weapon is a single action revolver that requires the hammer to be pulled back before each shot can be fired, and the same is true if it was a revolver similar to a trap door revolver, which you load through the 'trap door' at the rear of the cylinder, with an encased bullet... like the one's we all know. I believe these handguns back then were also single action...   so tell me????   after the first round was fired, and you realize you just sent a live round down range...  What tells you to crank off another round?   I welcome any and all corrections on what I posted.   B.T.W.  I own 2 single action revolvers, and they are "Modern"   relatively speaking... Jojo

only one shot was fired.

for the age of the gun, i am thinking it was a 44 colt long. 

there are so many conflicting stories being reported it is very hard to know what is true or not. and i doubt we will ever hear the truth. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Sad for sure, it would seem impossible for actors to treat every firearm as if it were loaded in the course of making a movie. No doubt some safety measures were not followed for this to have taken place, it will be interesting to see what the police determine.  Similar story to that of Bruce Lee’s son Brandon, he was fatally shot with a “Prop gun” (loaded with blanks I believe) one hell of a prop if it can kill someone.  I don’t think that actor was charged with a crime.  You think there would be a few more failsafes before a loaded gun ends up in the hands of idiot like Alec Baldwin.  I doubt he will face any legal consequences, it certainly sounds like it was an unfortunate accident.  

• Like 1