What were you doing Friday night ?

mrsmackpaul

Well what were all you doing Friday night at 7.30 ?
We were (the Princess and I that is) returning from picking up a piece of farm machinery from Yelta,  a little area north west of Mildura

We grabbed some KFC for dinner and started to head home 

We were tootling along and got down near Yatpool and a semi or maybe B double came around the corner ( cant tell it was dark) dipped his lights, all was good until all of a sudden a extra set of headlights appeared right beside him

I only had time to yell out "Were gunna have a head on" , dont think I even got that far and we hit

I was on the brakes and heading for the side of the road and there was a hell of a bang and then the poor old ute wasn't handling very well so off the brakes and did my best to keep things up right

We wobbled to a hault in the side cut on the wrong side of the road

I checked the Princess was okay and then to my surprise I opened the door, yes it still opened and hopped out and ran out onto the highway to see what the hell had just happened 

I was still unsure as this all happened in seconds 

Within seconds a vehicle pulls up and a Im thinking this prick just about bloody killed us Im gunna rip his head off, as Im striding across the hwy to rip said head from the shoulders it dawns on me that I may have the wrong fella (those of you that know me fairly well will know my mouth gets me into trouble at times) so I asked if he had just hit us 

Well it turns out he was behind the truck and the car that hit us had over taken him and the truck crossing unbroken white lines, he appeared from no were and vanished into the night, or at least that is what we thought

So another farmer pulls up and calmly enquiries  "you had a accident mate" , ah yeah I  reply

" yeah the car that hit is a fare way up the road and the driver has done a bolt, but dont worry I'll find him" and with that he chucked a u bolt and vanished

Over the next few hours I learnt from the fire brigade, the ambulance and the cops that they had found one person but he was badly hurt

And everyone is surprised at just how little damage my ute has received compared to the other car, and more to the point Di and I don't have a scratch or bruise on us

Then the tow truck dramas start, they want to take the ute to their yard, ok but can I collect tomorrow, no you cant

The very first person in the Landcruiser was a farmer on the other side of Carwarp another 10 km up the road and had already said we can leave it there if we need to, so I  asked the tow truck to do that, no bloody fear
So we get on the phone to the insurance people and they instruct the driver to drop it 
The police tell the driver to take Di and with him in the tow truck out to drop the ute and then drop us at a motel I had organized back in Mildura

We tried to rent a car, no luck to late so decide bed isnt a bad plan as it's after 11 o'clock now

I wake early as always do and the Princess never slept, I  checked the bus timetable and booked some tickets checked out and walked to the station

Caught a bus to Kerang lucky for Miss Molly that we fed her before leaving
We got back to Kerang at 10.15

We remembered ( ok the Princess reminded me ) that we had no keys as they were in the ute

So we walked home and broke in

Had some breaky got changed and started to get the Mack ready to collect the car that day, it was after 1 o'clock by this stage

I started to head off 

Discovered a slight problem with the Mack so turned around at Ready Lake to correct that problem

By the time that was sorted it was getting  to late so decided Sunday was a better day

Woke Sunday drove to Carwarp, 350 km collected my ute and came home

Dianne learnt on Sunday from the police that the other driver was drunk and on methamphetamines
Also learnt it was a  Mercedes Benz 320 E

We hadnt seen the car or the driver

We also he wasnt injured the farmer did find him hiding in a ditch beside the train line and claimed he was paralyzed and had no feeling fro, the neck down, the fire supporting his head etc, when his story started to fall apart the dirty prick spat in firemans and triec to runaway but was promptly arrested and locked up

So today the farmer that we left the ute at sent a Dianne a text with a photo of a newspaper article of the accident 

We didn't rate a mention

When you compare the damage done to the ute compared to the safest car in the world, I'll let you all make up your own minds on whats safer

Turns out numb nuts in the Benz bounced off me into the truck, we new none of this on Friday night or until tonight 

Gave Di one hell of a scare just made me as wild as all get out

So that was my weekend 

Now the fight will begin as no doubt the insurance company will want to right it off, I  have told them that I dont want that, they only made just over 500 of these and numb nuts in the Benz can pay to fix it and they can chase him, dont think I'll have much luck but who knows

Paul20210606-164648.jpg

20210606-164643.jpg

20210606-164659.jpg

And numb nuts in the Benz's from the Mildura news paper

IMG-1929.jpg

So some more happy shots, wheeled Mrs Mack in to the truck stop at Swan Hill on the way home

On Friday afternoon going to collect our said goody I noticed a Peterbilt parked in the roadhouse truck stop 

I commented to the Princess and her enthusiastic sigh said it all, we dont see many Peterbilts in Australia 

It was still there on the way home

So in for some happy snaps 

20210606-143100.jpg

20210606-143046.jpg20210606-143043.jpg

20210606-143313.jpg

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Now the fight will begin as no doubt the insurance company will want to right it off, I  have told them that I dont want that, they only made just over 500 of these and numb nuts in the Benz can pay to fix it and they can chase him, dont think I'll have much luck but who knows

Glad you're both Ok Paul..

Good luck with the insurance Company, They're a law unto themselves...........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I am glad to hear that you folks did NOT get injured.. Sounds to me like the other driver may be looking at some jail time for his actions.. Wish you well in dealing with the insurance companies..

Brocky

Glad to hear that you and the Missus are OK. 

The last time an arsehole spat in my face when I was a firefighter treating them......The Cops cuffed him and I put a pillowcase over his head. When it was brought up in court as abuse of a patient, the Judge looked at arsehole's attorney and said "your client should have considered that before he spat on the EMT. But if you want to make a case out of it we can tack on another charge of interfering and assault on an officer if you'd like......." 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Abuse of a patient would have been smacking him in the head with an oxygen bottle for spitting  on you.

Putting a pillow case over his head was preventing him from spreading possible infectious diseases

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Yup, as others said. Sometimes sh*t happens and when you go off such with no seriouse losses it may be count as a lucky turn out.

Hope you will cover up the vehicle damage soon or at least make it roadworthy back again.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Glad to hear that you and the Missus are OK. 

The last time an arsehole spat in my face when I was a firefighter treating them......The Cops cuffed him and I put a pillowcase over his head. When it was brought up in court as abuse of a patient, the Judge looked at arsehole's attorney and said "your client should have considered that before he spat on the EMT. But if you want to make a case out of it we can tack on another charge of interfering and assault on an officer if you'd like......." 

You should have used a zip-tie to secure it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1