Just a few things:

Rob

Paul, First, you are never boring. I can listen to Australian history all day!! Second, Thanks for the name Gatton!! I did not dig out my eastern AU Map to check when I was posting😨!!  What you are calling "Streaky Bacon" may be what the fancy hotels were pawning off on us Yanks as being American style????? Sliced quite thin, lots of fat, cooked crisp.. There are lots of regional variations on the menus like going from Maine to Alabama!! I even ate Kangaroo from the buffet at the Ayers Rock dinner..

Ron Kirk said he could introduce me to Ed Edminston in Dubbo who has a Brockway he imported from a man that I worked for in my teens, and said he could make connections for some other private collections in the area.. "Aussie Ed" as he was called came up to Cortland NY for the Brockway weekend several times, but I never met him.

To all of you Mack nuts!!! First do a You Tube search for Slim Dusty and listen to his music and history lessons. The big Truckie's Renunion in Alice Springs is every 5 years (2015-2020-2025) in our fall Labor Day w/e and the Haulin and Crawlin of the Hume is in our spring (April) on alternate years.One from Sydney and the other from Melbourne, each go about half way with 300 trucks, also do a You Tube search. With a few inquires to people like Paul, Hayseed on here, Tony Champion, Ron Kirk, Archie Baines, David Driver, and Ian Watson you can put together a fairly comprehensive tour of both trucks and general tourist sites/events in the Down Under (AU & NZ) depending on your time available and budget.. I would like to go back when this damn virus is over and spend more time If my wife could stand the travel..

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

Brocky I have only ever been on one organised tour and it was to Africa as I didn't even know how get out of the country let alone into another

I felt after that I would in the future just go on my own and play it by ear

Dont get me wrong tours are good but I found that places I wouldn't give you a thank you for I was at for a long time and other places I could spend days at the tour only lasted a hour 

Paul

• Like 1

The ATHS Down Under Tour was the first and probably last organized tour, of 15 couples, my wife and I had ever taken. If you read the topic on Just Old Trucks I think you will agree at Stephanie did an excellent job of mixing regular tourist events with the many truck events. Part of the reason for the East Coast tour was to give Tony Champion time to get home from Alice Springs before we landed at his collection. She works part time for a large travel agency as well as her father, John Vanatta, being ATHS past president so she had plenty of connections for both sides of the tour.

If I were to go back, especially as a single couple, I would do a lot of online research about what I wanted to see and do. Then throw it all in her lap to schedule the airlines, car rentals, intra AU flights, and train schedule, picking up my motels and restaurants as I went.

Brocky

On 10/13/2021 at 7:23 AM, Dirtymilkman said:

I'm not anti mask or anti vaccine. People should just be respectful around other people and not sneeze or cough into the air and wash their hands. But one thing you gotta realize, 700,000 people did not die from covid here. The numbers are inflated. They were counting every death due to it. My buddies uncle had a heart attack, the death certificate read, "died due to complications from covid".  Our cancer deaths and heart disease deaths were at an all time low, no one died from influenza, nobody died from pneumonia, it was all covid. This is absolutely a real disaster but for some reason our government is trying to scare the shit out of us. 

I noticed that they said Colin Powell died from complications due to covid. The man was 84 years old, and he also had multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is what my wife died from in 2005. It's a cancer of the blood, it gets in the bone marrow, it's in the lukemia family, it pretty much destroys the immune system, and there is no cure. Yet he died from complications due to covid.

• Sad 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

50 minutes ago, other dog said:

I noticed that they said Colin Powell died from complications due to covid. The man was 84 years old, and he also had multiple myeloma. Multiple myeloma is what my wife died from in 2005. It's a cancer of the blood, it gets in the bone marrow, it's in the lukemia family, it pretty much destroys the immune system, and there is no cure. Yet he died from complications due to covid.

The Alberta government recently reported a 14 YO boy as the youngest person to die from "complications due to COVID" in the province. He had stage 4 brain cancer and was tested for COVID 2 days before he died. After his family went public stating that he did NOT die from COVID but from brain cancer, the government retracted their previous statement and said that "New" information was discovered and that the death was unlikely due to COVID. And they wonder why so many don't believe a thing they are telling us. The infection and death rates have been fudged from the very beginning to make this out to be MUCH more than it really is. In this case, the question is, "why would they even TEST someone for COVID that has brain cancer so advanced that they died 2 days later??. I think the answer is obvious

• Like 2

A guy I know was telling me his sister died from a cancer and the hospital listed on the death certificate she past away from covid George razed a stink and they said tough he hired a lawyer and got the death certificate corrected. I don't trust anyone that has anything to do with this covid bullshit and I wonder about the pills my own doctor is prescribing to me.

• Like 1

dad passed away 6-27-2020 from kidney failure at 90 years old. 

someone in the E.R. while he was in there had corona, so he was listed as corona death. 

mom saw that on the death certificate and had kittens. called the police chief, AND sheriff and had it changed to kidney failure due to old age. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

My brother-in-law died in his sleep 2 months ago, and a Rep. from our local hospital system said to his wife, that if she stated it was covid that killed him, she would recieve $9000.00.  She refused to do that because he died of a stroke in his sleep.  My wife can tell this story better, she was there when this offer was given...  W.T.F.?

• Like 1

So...the "protected" are so terrified of the "unprotected" that they need big brother to force the unprotected to get the protection which offered them zero peace of mind, nor did it seem to reduce the numbers or the spread, so you now have to threaten to not let the unprotected work, be able to go here or there etc, until they get this protection, which will make them what? Fearful basket cases like the rest of the protected? If this makes sense to you, you're a moron. if it doesn't you're being lied to. Pick one. I don't care what you do with your body, but you ought to take a step back and question who benefits from this, what do you have to lose etc. Why do we trust this new wave of medical experts and scientists that can't even tell male from female, and people like Fauci who have not examined a patient in thirty years?  If you want them playing doctor in your body, I'll gladly drive you to the vaccination site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 mag is spot on at 100 meters, the 45-70 is the same. i have not found a longer range yet. the Fort Dix 600 meter civilian range was closed to public use around 15 years ago. 

i was a big hit there 30 years ago with the 25-06. 1 inch groups at 600 meters. 

i also had a 17 remington that was very accurate, but the bullet was so light and fast a 2 mph wind would blow it off target at 600 meters. and if it hit a blade of grass 10 foot in front of whatever it was aimed at, the bullet would turn to dust. 

before my town assigned officers to a SWAT team, they used to raid my gun cabinet when they needed firepower. either for large caliber, or to "reach out and touch someone"

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Now that we are in politically correct times, there was a time back that our fairer gender was referred to as a cow.

It seems that Billy boy is thinking of his golden times now that he is "free" as they say from the big "M"!!!

And maybe if we were or are locked up with a "cow" in a comfy garage, I am not convinced that the cow would be emitting much pollution - what do you think?

And maybe Billy boy has spent so much time with computer machines he may have forgotten how to tell the difference between a ... and a machine 🤣

Been reading all the comments and I have relatives that work in the hospital and the same thing is going on here in Ontario, Canada. Every death whether it is cancer and stroke is reported as covid.

And all I can say is ever since I got my two Moderna vaccines (against my will but forced to by employer) I am still not right after a few months. And I haven't even had a cold since 2008.

I had asthma and ever since the shots I've been having trouble breathing and my inhalers no longer seem to be effective. And I'm tired all the time and I keep getting bouts of racing heart. Now they are talking about booster shots. No F'N way. I'll lose my job this time, and be a prisoner in my own yard. No way any more of that crap is going in me.

Anyway, a friend sent me this. An MPP in my province is starting a law suit.

facebook_1635251701837_6858742754022965422.jpg

• Sad 1

your name is Bullheaded,  but your words are real...    I'm bullheaded too...  (Taurus).   and I guess I'm an a-hole too... not saying you are an A-hole..... Don't care about the F'n P.C. B.S.  I am so sick and tired of wallking softly around these wimp's..  I have more to say, but won't right now...     jojo

• Like 1