1948 International KB-7

Joey Mack

Thanks guy's.. I'm not sure what to put on her back.... It's a toy, not a work truck.. Probably just use it to buy groceries...😁  really I thought about a small camper,  Heck,,, I don't know...  Throw some ideas at me. Of course a nice rack body would be cool.. Jojo

I was thinking that too about the gearing, It may have around a 4:18 or 5:11 rear gear if I looked it up correctly... I may just lift a wheel off the ground, mark it at 12o'clock, then slowly turn it and start counting.  It'l  probably just be a cool grocery getter... I should be driving it this spring, and yes it will be fun.  Jojo

Here are 6 more pics of my Old Truck,  The sun was very bright! I tried to get as much detail as possible. She runs... I really like the intermittent wipers...🤣 

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

• Like 2

Yes it does...🤣 Im goin to remove it in the spring time...  The glass and seals are in storage.. All new too... I'm going to keep the intermittent wipers though.. Un-like my '73 Scout... this truck didn't come with factory appointed rust... Must not have been an option in '48? ...jojo

16 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I would guess the gearing would be in the 8 somethings given its age and what most trucks were like back then

No matter what it ends up been its a neat looking truck

Paul

i agree. small gas engine and the lower speed driven back then, gear ration in the mid 8's is most likely. 

i would look for a 190-210 hp cummins with a blower, and a ten speed trans, then put in gears in the high 5's or low 6's.

this would make for a good running driver.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I think it's a 269 c.i.d. .. 100 H.P./ 300 FtLbs of torque... There was  a (7something:1) ratio listed in the page I read, but I didnt' believe it.. .. Just for kick's i will jack it up on one side and turn the wheel and count the Pinion rev's...  I will post it. 😀 Jojo

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I think it's a 269 c.i.d. .. 100 H.P./ 300 FtLbs of torque... There was  a (7something:1) ratio listed in the page I read, but I didnt' believe it.. .. Just for kick's i will jack it up on one side and turn the wheel and count the Pinion rev's...  I will post it. 😀 Jojo

Remember that what ever you count you have to times it by two if you only have one wheel off the ground

Paul

Hello, Quick farms... I raised one wheel and marked it and the yoke. I turned the wheels and got a small bit more than 3 1/4 turns. I figured it would be about a 3.30:1 ratio, but another "poster" said I need to double that number....   So that would be 6.60:1.... Any thoughts? I cant imagine it would have highway gears...

I have always rotated the wheel or drive shaft and counted the yoke revs for 1 full turn of the drive tire, When I didnt have the info on paper or a tag.   3.31:1 is one that Int. used, but it was in Scouts. mabey they had a ratio that close back then in this truck... Seem's too high to me... I will just spend the $100.00 on E-bay and buy a service manual. I saw a few listed..  Thank you all for advising me on this.