Tire replacement on my B61

I will be needing new drive tires on the truck for next year. Old ones are cracking crossways in the tread cap. The tires that are on the truck now are 11.00-22. Im having a heck of a time finding anyone who has 22" tires and no luck finding used ones, in any condition. Is it correct that with dayton hubs that fit a 22" rim, 24.5" rims will also fit? Would I be time and money ahead just dumping the 22's and finding 24.5 dayton rims and tires? I know the 22's and 24.5's are not original to the truck, but I would still like to keep the spoke hubs, and I like the slightly added road speed.

Sumitomo still makes a 11r22 tire, but from what Ive found theyre the only one. Im only guessing that I will have an even harder time in the future finding 22's.

Thanks

Frank

Frank I see you're in Lehighton I'm about 1and 1/2 hours away there is a truck junkyard up from me that will probably have the rims and tires used that you need Summit core supply 570-983-4105 the owner is Dave Drake and he sold me quite a few items for I thought a reasonable price. He had the last time I was to his place a big pile of mounted tires I got four aluminum hub mount rims with three about brand new drive caps and one about 3/4 tread for I thought give away prices. There is a large truck yard at around Hazelton A-1 I think they sell tires and rims you will pay a lot more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mowerman said:

im hoping to find some takeoffs from container chassis,,,they use 10-20 im thinking you also have 20 inch spokes.....im not sure...bob

My spokes measure 21 3/8 across. Or more specifially the inside of the open rim. The tires on it now are 22s. The rear was apparently changed to a new-er rear. The speedo is off by about 15% even with the small gearbox.

OK gotcha I know they do make 22 fives and 24 fives Rims to fit 20 inch hubs You can also go to our speedo shop and have them give you a gear to match Truck speed or at least you used to be able to do that I am starting to think those old speedo shops are probably outdated now

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

OK gotcha I know they do make 22 fives and 24 fives Rims to fit 20 inch hubs You can also go to our speedo shop and have them give you a gear to match Truck speed or at least you used to be able to do that I am starting to think those old speedo shops are probably outdated now

22.5 fit 20” spiders

24.5 fit 22” spiders

at least this is my understanding, and is due to how the tires are measured 

there are still Speedo shops around. And gear adapters are still available. A lot of speedometers after the 80’s are electronic and calibrated by changing switches on the back of the speedometer  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

i dunno why so many are stuck on two and three piece rims and bias ply tires. yes they look better and more period correct on an older truck but if you plan on runnin it at all put the damn tubeless on it and be done with it. real 22's are nonexhistent and real 20's are china junk that are used on container chassis, for a reason, they are JUNK!. 

Lately I have seen a bunch of container chassis that are running 22.5 tires

I have tube tires on a few older trucks, that I keep local, only until they wear out

Just put all new rims and tires 1100 - 22.5 radials on my 54 Mack LS85 fire truck ,what a better ride and SAFER  ,replace 900 - 20's w/tubes and 3 pc..rims ( spoke wheels on truck) .they are easy to find, the truck repair shop also did my friends 53 Mack ,and yes the tires are from China