Best of Biden

Mack Technician

Job creation to cleanup the bridge wreck ?????  and saying that WE will pay for ????  what the hell is this guy doing ??  the ship's company needs to pay every penny for the damage and to the families of the dead !!! It is too much for my small dumb brain to understand....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Job creation to cleanup the bridge wreck ?????  and saying that WE will pay for ????  what the hell is this guy doing ??  the ship's company needs to pay every penny for the damage and to the families of the dead !!! It is too much for my small dumb brain to understand....  

Sure, if you want to wait decades for the lawsuits to make it through the court process.  Eventually, moneys will be recovered, but chances are not 100%, and in the mean time, the port is closed and traffic diverted. The US is going to act as bank, finance the removal and replacement, the costs to our economy is such we can't wait for the lawsuits to be settled, and recover as much as possible when all is done.

yes, but he can quickly finance Ukraine and Isreal..   sorry bud...  The U.S. of A comes first..  it's time to collect...

• Like 1

Fine then you are saying wait the decades for the money before doing anything! Companies will declare bankruptcy and courts will have to sell off what few assets there are.  Neither Biden nor I am saying don't go after the company, but what is being said, is lets get going!  We need the port open, and we need the roadway. 

If you want to wait until all funds are collected from other entities, the port will never be open again. We have already spent more money then the assets of the ship owner (responsible party) so are you suggesting we stop now? Think about it. I am not saying it is fair or just, but it is what it is.

i understand your point..  its a good one..  it would just be great to see re-payment at some time in the near future.. yes, we have to open the port to keep supplies moving. I just wish that other countries that owe us would be ready NOW, to help us..  much like our country is always ready to help others..   I'm not a smart person, I just see it as the same as doing honest trading locally, and thinking it should be global..   with respect, jojo

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 9:43 PM, Geoff Weeks said:

Sure, if you want to wait decades for the lawsuits to make it through the court process.  Eventually, moneys will be recovered, but chances are not 100%, and in the mean time, the port is closed and traffic diverted. The US is going to act as bank, finance the removal and replacement, the costs to our economy is such we can't wait for the lawsuits to be settled, and recover as much as possible when all is done.

it wouldn't take as long to "settle" if the pockets of the unjustified weren't being filled first. billions sent to Ukraine AFTER the news stated the corrupt Ukraine officials pocketed 40 MILION  $$ they were sent which were going for arms and military aid. 

• Like 2

if the greedy lawsuit attorneys didn't drag out the court cases so they can collect their $500.oo plus an hr fee; the innocent wouldn't have to wait years to be compensated for lost loved ones. which in most/all cases there is no $$ amount to bring back those lost. no politics allowed back to Mack trucks