Pics from the North

Bullheaded

Ya'll need to get out more, tire inflation, very popular south of the border but then again we are last to pick up on anything innovative.  VW pickup in Mexico 11k us dollars and they run the crap out of them and what do we get 50k pick up, I'll take the VW anyday. 

Yes, it is central tire inflation system. They work good, increase traction and decreases rutting in soft roads. But it is very expensive.

Got a pic of the headache rack on the green Star. I love these!! I have seen a few now, but can't seem to find out who makes them.

Oh...I'm in White River, Ontario Canada.

007 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, Bullheaded said:

I'll just pile these in one thread to save time. Some pics I snapped while waiting to load throughout the day. Western Star, Kenworth and International pretty much own the forest up here now ever since Volvo abandoned Mack from the heavy market.

I love the Lonestar logger. Some can say they are plastic junk but they can survive the bush road with a 5 axle trailer.

017 - Copy.JPG

018_-_Copy.JPG

019 - Copy.JPG

019.jpg

020.jpg

024 (Large).JPG

026 - Copy.JPG

020 (Large).JPG

023 - Copy.JPG

Ok I give up...The Orange W'Star that is pulling that big skidder-what are those road  "wheels" on the end of the skidder?

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Ok I give up...The Orange W'Star that is pulling that big skidder-what are those road  "wheels" on the end of the skidder?

Biomass agitators......earth breakers. They use them for pine plantations and clear cuts. It doesn’t drive, just agitates earth as it rolls, crushes seeds and sticks into the earth for better forest recovery. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Biomass agitators......earth breakers. They use them for pine plantations and clear cuts. It doesn’t drive, just agitates earth as it rolls, crushes seeds and sticks into the earth for better forest recovery. 

MT-Thx- makes sense-I imagine also  helps  with  the fire danger if  a lot of the highly combustible stuff gets some cover.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures, thanks! I like the Lonestars too, they are definitely eye catchers, but I see a lot of those new Western Stars on the road now. I don't know what you call them, or the model, but they're some of the best looking trucks out there in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.