As some of you know I have a '29 AC. Anyway its time to think about the hood, which I am going to be working on over the coming days.  This involves working from the original Mack drawings and making a "buck" into which each of the various component parts will be put as I make them. Also in there is the male former for the side louvres (louvers) - which is still work in progress as there is not enough clearance in either my big fly press or the hydraulic press to get the whole side piece in. I am also lucky in that I have the majority of fittings such as hinges and so on! I will add more pics as the work gets underway.

P1011360.JPG

P1011357.JPG

P1011361.JPG

P1011364.JPG

P1011367.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Beautiful job! The entire truck is a great save considering what you started with.

I'll pre order 3 hood please. :)   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

What I could really use if anyone has such a thing are close-up pictures of the two handles on the sided - the ones on my old hood are just some flat strip bent into a D shape and welded on, and also the sprung bonnet clips that hold the hood down, as I do not have those at all, or even the remains of them.

Edited by paulbrook

Can't figure what happened to the top edge of the hood sides. Never saw that line with a corner in the middle.

A couple of handle pics. Sorry they aren't a perfect stuff but seem usable.

NL-USA.2013_2441.1.jpg

NL-USA.2013_2283.1.jpg

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The handles look straightforward, the latches less so. Can anyone point me to where I might find some (otherwise I will have to make them!)

Looking more closely those latches would be straightforward to make. Could someone give me some dimensions - maybe the diameter of the tube? I can scale everything from there.

Edited by paulbrook