Gulfway insurance

Anyone get a letter from Gulfway saying they were using Travelers ins.? Now they want to switch to Hagerty ins. I did an on line app. i wanted to see what their price would be and i was quoted nine dollars less than Gulfway. I just hope this doesn't turn into a pain in the butt like most things end up ?

28 minutes ago, davehummell said:

Anyone get a letter from Gulfway saying they were using Travelers ins.? Now they want to switch to Hagerty ins. I did an on line app. i wanted to see what their price would be and i was quoted nine dollars less than Gulfway. I just hope this doesn't turn into a pain in the butt like most things end up ?

I had Gulfway on one of my trucks for years and moved to Haggerty as were more liberal in the use of the truck. Pricing was comparable at the time.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I surveyed around for coverage for my white Mack tractor and naturally went through my normal provider first. He found "Progressive" more economical by a large margin than any of the underwriters he represents. I still have antique coverage on the truck but that coverage won't work with it actually working. I've not switched anything over as no need yet.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i had prudential/highpoint for both house and trucks for over 30 years,but over the past 5 years the price went through the roo. even with a spotless driving record. last fall i switched to nj manufacturers for 1/2 the price, and better coverage. i use condon/skelly for all antiques. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

i had prudential/highpoint for both house and trucks for over 30 years,but over the past 5 years the price went through the roo. even with a spotless driving record. last fall i switched to nj manufacturers for 1/2 the price, and better coverage. i use condon/skelly for all antiques. 

It definetly pays to shop around anymore, can't believe what you can save now, used to be when you signed up with a company you just stayed with them, prices might only go up a few dollars each year, not anymore!    terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terry said:

It definetly pays to shop around anymore, can't believe what you can save now, used to be when you signed up with a company you just stayed with them, prices might only go up a few dollars each year, not anymore!    terry:MackLogo:

so true Terry. when i questioned the increase i was told i was at risk for a major accident and tickets because i have driven for 50 years without receiving a ticket, and never had an accident. 

crazy-1.gif

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

so true Terry. when i questioned the increase i was told i was at risk for a major accident and tickets because i have driven for 50 years without receiving a ticket, and never had an accident. 

crazy-1.gif

Only an" adult "would come up with a statement of such bs to justify screwing you out of a little more of your money. It is beyond the pale what companys will create to be able to pay their ceo's salary's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

crazy-1.gif

What a dumbass excuse, for that many years without a ticket or claim you should have one of the lower quotes on rates!!   terry:MackLogo:

that was why the switch to NJM. for close to 75 years NJM was invite only. if you were not family member you were not invited to sign up. but over the past few years with less young drivers, they have change their policy to invite people with excellent records. i went from $1,943 per 6 months for a 250,000 police with liability on two of the three trucks to $1,784 for a 12 month 500,000 police with full coverage on all three trucks. 

Farmer's did the same to my mother in law when she hit a certain age. I got wind and cancelled everything and brought her vehicles under my fleet policy and homeowners under mine also as we have POA over her.

• Like 1

I was using gulfway but switched to Hagerty... Gulfway claimed I missed a payment and they would not be able to cover me even after I expressed I would pay for the hiccup...I was not aware of the issue. I had recently moved and think I forgot to change my billing address. I had not used the truck last year but was willing to make it right and pay for my mistake... they still did not want to work with me so went to Hagerty.  too bad as they were good to me for many years.

Exactly. It's a numbers game and most insured folks just pay it without much forethought. I survey every three calendar years for rates but haven't needed to switch in many years on my shop policy. Personal autos, every three years someone else has them almost guaranteed.

Interesting they're with Hagerty, now. I tried to insure with them a couple of years ago with my B model and they refused me on the grounds that the truck had a roll-back body. I contacted Hagerty about it and sent them pictures. After a little back and forth due to what they said was that they usually don't insure those types of vehicles. I stated to both companies that the truck was only for my vehicles and that if they would insure I had five other restored antique vehicles that I wanted to put on the same policy. Gulfway still didn't want my business. Hagerty was more than happy to insure my "collection" and they have my policy now. I'm very happy with Hagerty, their coverage and costs.

I did explain to both companies the purpose and usage of the truck to support the cars on club events and tours, as I belong to several and do events over a fairly large region of the Northeast. The reason for that was that I wanted to ensure coverage for what I do and not be left holding the bag if an accident occurred. Hagerty is very friendly to work with and really supports the antique vehicle group.

I originally had Condon & Skelly for nearly 15 years but learned that they no longer covered me if I pulled my own trailer with my own antiques.  I switched to Hagerty and have had excellent pricing and service.  Brought my antique cars and trucks under them as well.