Kia M-715

kscarbel2

Yep, chump change in price compared to hummer that doesn't run, will last longer, cheaper to operate, Trump needs to have them built here and shit can the Hummer disaster, and now along comes johnny weekender that just loves his Hummer , would not be so happy if he had to hike back to camp from some crap hole desert cause his Hummer quit for the hundredth time. 

• Like 1

4 bolt SBC 350, Wagoneer power steering, power brakes, 12 volt electrics, bench seat inside the cab vs the buckets. 4.11 gears vs 5.86 stock. Repositioned rear driveshaft on the transfer case to quiet it at speed. Updated combination lights. Three color woodland camouflage paint in the pattern of the ‘80’s Chevy CUCV. All that made it pretty much a daily driver.

• Like 1

In my youth, I had always been told the optional 327 engine in the Jeep (SJ) J-Series "Gladiator" pickup trucks was a General Motors unit.

However, I see the 230 horsepower 350cu.in./5.7L Buick Dauntless V8 was an optional engine in Jeep pickups from 1968 to 1971. I have vague memory of Buick-powered units.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_V8_engine#327

The AMC 327 is similar to the 287, but displaces 327 cu in (5.4 L) due to the bore increase to 4 inches (101.6 mm). Unlike the 250, the 327 was produced with hydraulic valve lifters. Contrary to some myths, the AMC V8 was not built by Chevrolet, whose own 327 V8 later became better known. The AMC 327 was introduced five years before the Chevrolet 327 engine was manufactured.

The AMC 327 engine debuted in a special edition Rambler Rebel, of which 1,500 were made. They were an early American muscle car. All Rebels had silver paint with a gold-anodized "spear" on each side. The 327 was not available in any other Rambler models in 1957 other than the special edition Rebel. The Rebel's engine differs from the 327s installed in the 1957 Nash Ambassador and Hudson Hornet models in that it uses mechanical valve lifters and a higher compression ratio.

The Nash Ambassador and Hudson Hornet "Special" models were dropped after 1957, replaced by the 1958 Rambler Rebel with the 250 V8. The Rebel was a Rambler with a V-8 (and necessary mods such as stronger front springs and rear axle). The Rebel name was added to differentiate the standard six-cylinder Rambler from the V-8 model. The big Nash and Hudson cars were also dropped after 1957, replaced by the 1958 "Ambassador by Rambler" — a stretched Rebel with the 327 V8 instead of the 250. The 327 was exclusive to the Ambassador line and could not be ordered in a Rebel (or later Classic) through 1964. For 1965 and 1966 the 287 and 327 were both available in the Classic and Ambassador.

The 327 was sold to Kaiser-Jeep from 1965 to 1967 for use in the Jeep Wagoneer SUV and Gladiator pick-up truck. Jeep named it the "Vigilante" V8. Two barrel carburation was standard on these Jeep models, but a four barrel high-compression version was available in the high optioned Super Wagoneer from 1966 to 1968. Kaiser-Jeep switched to the Buick 350 in 1967 after AMC discontinued the 327. The Buick V8 engine option continued through 1971 after which Jeeps returned to AMC V8 engines, American Motors having purchased Jeep from Kaiser in 1970.

There were low- and high-compression versions of the 327 starting in 1960. Prior to 1960 all 327s were high compression. All low compression models used a two-barrel carburetor and all high-compression models received a four-barrel carburetor. Low-compression is 8.7:1, high 9.7:1, effected by a difference in pistons.

Though not as comfortable to drive. A much better overall truck in many ways. Hence, the very long service life. Several production runs and upgrades over its life.

i would say the only thing the M715 has over it are driver comfort, larger cargo bed and capacity.

one of my favorite trucks. Purpose built and military through and through.

• Like 1

In 1964, Army authorities at Fort Benning requested that a lightweight dump truck be provided for the conveyance of supplies and clearance of airfields.

A decision was made to install Gar Wood GA-2 dump bodies on the [conservatively rated] 3/4-ton M37B1 cab and chassis. A few trucks received Hardeman bodies.

Designated XM708 (Gar Wood) and XM708E1 (Hardeman), 200 were built and most were shipped to Vietnam.

The rear springs were upgraded to allow a 3,500lb payload.

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 4.jpg

2 hours ago, terry said:

That M37 is a classic for sure, remember it well from my service days, "67" to "69"    terry:MackLogo:

Saw quite a few of their remains along Rte 1 in Asia.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Saw quite a few of their remains along Rte 1 in Asia.

Yeah I spent "69" there, believe I went down RT. 1 from Tuy Hoa to Dong Ba Thin in a crane when my unit moved.    terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

l've been thinking it's time to downsize and was looking at the KIA Retona (KM420).  Wonder if l can order it thru the local KIA dealer?! lol Not a very good video.    ....Hippy 

That is very nice. I noticed the manual trans, that's a plus.

Looks like a cross between a wrangler and an old suzuki samurai, maybe a geo tracker thrown in.